- Have you got extensive Solution Delivery experience?
- Are you capable of driving complex processes?
- Would you like to join a progressive team?
Then this opportunity may be the right one for you.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Denmark, United Kingdom, USA, Spain and India.
The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
The MLIT Operations vertical currently has over 80 employees across the world, with most of our team concentrated in Copenhagen and Algeciras in Spain.
Created about 3 years ago to support the liner shipping operations business function, we are in close contact with our business counterparts to improve the way we operate our vessels and transport millions of containers worldwide each year.
As a solution architect you are at the centre of defining new solutions to identified business requirements.
- Participation in the end to end solution process design together with business team
- Documentation and design of interfaces between key systems within the solution and review of designs from relevant project teams
- Assessing existing and design future application landscape within the area
- Gathering functional & technical requirements for solution and system interfaces, advising on trade-offs prior to final solution specification
- Providing recommendations to the business on solutions, taking into account any cross-functional impact
- Reviewing and approving UAT scenarios and training materials
- Reviewing testing approach and materials to ensure business requirements are met
- Reviewing training activities in connection with application roll-out
- Interaction with infrastructure teams to size platform and support provisioning of hosting/hardware
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate will hold an IT education combined with solid experience from roles like Business Analyst, Developer, Technical Analyst or architecture.
You are able to successfully drive the process of working with the business to understand new business requirements and translate them into detailed functional requirements in the application development process.
You have Extensive Solution Delivery experience and some stakeholder management experience. Furthermore you are a strong communicator who is able to establish and maintain a high level of business trust and confidence.
You are a resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment and thrive in an international environment.
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner Maj-Britt Clayton on email@example.com.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.