Operational Delivery Manager
Do you have solid hands-on experience with IT infrastructure and operation deliveries and do you want a central role in the IT Infrastructure team of an international company?
Global IT in DSV is looking for an Operational Delivery Manager, who will be part of our Infrastructure team, that is responsible for the global infrastructure in DSV. You will have the overview of all ongoing takes, projects and incidents in the infrastructure area in close corporation with our global Service Desk and major incident management.
IT delivers a wide range of infrastructure services in a server environment through use of technologies such as Citrix, Cisco and VMware. All of which to support a business, which is highly dependent on our IT services – both in terms of availability, confidentiality and integrity but also continued focus on development and improvement of same.
You will be reporting into the infrastructure department as Operational Delivery Manager and you act as key contact on delivery issues. You will have a close cooperation across all of Global IT and play an active role in one or more virtual teams, also in a global context in addition to the day-to-day resource allocation and activity planning.
As this is a newly established position, you will get the opportunity to assist in shaping the department as well as your role within the team.
- Monitor daily quality of Infrastructure operations and coordinate need mitigation
- Manage and act as key contact point for day-to-day delivery requests and issues in Infrastructure Operations and Development
- Weekly meeting with Regional IT and Service Desk to align operation quality and plan improvements to the infrastructure/processes needed
- Support transition of new infrastructure solutions into daily operations
- Coordination and participation in taskforces and Major Incident resolution process
- Deliver input and drive initiatives for continued improvements of operational excellence and strengthening of IT Infrastructure operations deliveries
- Secure operation deliveries, change communication
- Participate in improving solutions and processes, in particular with focus on Change Management, Incident management, Problem Management.
You may not have a degree within IT, but you have solid knowledge and experience - and most importantly, you are motivated by managing technical complexities.
You have a strong background and experience within global IT infrastructure solutions as well as solid project management skills. You have solid knowledge of global IT infrastructure and applications with strong technical design skills and ability to understand technical complexity for tasks and project deliveries.
Furthermore you have strong experience working with project and process management, capacity and performance management as well as creating technical documentation and procedures. You speak, read and write Danish and English effortlessly.
We emphasize that you have the following personal characteristics:
- Strong analytic and communication skills
- Work with a structured approach and a planning mindset
- Strong desire for service excellence, professional conduct and continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build solid relations internal
- Ability to handle multiple issues without jeopardizing the service level to the individual deliveries
- Demonstrating initiative and a proactive approach
- Ability to work independently, take on responsibility
- Value and perform teamwork to accomplish common targets and deliveries.
Join a global IT-organization in the world’s 4th largest transport and logistics company
By joining DSV you will get exciting tasks and projects in an international environment. DSV is represented in more than 80 countries and enjoys a rapid development, and you will be given ample opportunity to be part of and exert influence on this development.
It is important that you thrive and develop in an environment where not everything is a given, so you will be in a position to make your mark on the development. In DSV we work with the latest technologies within IT.
Global IT is the executive IT unit which currently employs approx. 1,200 people. Global IT handles the central and global IT administration, development, operation, maintenance and support of data centres, servers, WAN, LAN, internet and intranet plus the global business applications.
Your workplace will be in Hedehusene in our newly built headquarters.
Application and contact
If you wish to know more about the position, please contact Section Manager Jannik Dunmose at +45 25 41 60 88.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.
Global Transport and Logistics
With offices and facilities in more than 80 countries on six continents, we provide and run supply chain solutions for thousands of companies on a daily basis. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com or www.dk.dsv.com.