Director for Data and Analytics
Can you keep control of many different tasks at the same time and work with short and long term strategies? Do you have proficient leadership and management experience from a medium/large international organization? Are you capable of setting your own agenda and influence how future assignments and processes should be developed to be in alignment with the overall strategic goals. Then you might be the right candidate for the position as Director for Data & Analytics.
Finance > Global IT > Finance and P&C
Global IT is undergoing a strategic transformation. The transformation follows a Global IT vision including enhanced engagement with Vestas business resulting in joint planning with business and IT to ensure that business plans are fully supported by IT services and solutions. The role as Director Data & Analytics is new and plays a vital role in transforming Global IT in Vestas. This represents a unique opportunity to shape the way IT innovation helps create business value.
You will be heading the team in Global IT working with Data Warehouse solutions and you will:
- Leading the transformation into Data & Analytics and by that position our offerings on the right strategic level.
- Your responsibilities covers people related activities for a team of 8 colleagues.
- Empowerment of people, enable decision making and create the agility that will strengthen our offerings within Data Warehousing, Master Data Management solutions and Business Process Analytics.
- Strategically, you will establish a new organization transforming our thinking from 'data warehousing' to a center of excellence within 'Data & Analytics'.
- Be end to end responsible for developing solutions and to ensure proper support within our offerings.
- Be responsible for initiating, drive, and develop our capabilities within Data Governance, BI & Analytics.
- 10+ years of leadership and management experience from international organizations.
- Possess strong leadership capabilities combined with a strategic forward thinking mindset.
- Solid business acumen and are good at interacting with a wide array of stakeholders in a strategic enterprise.
- You are able to communicate both technical and business related subjects to any audience.
- You enjoy building relations, using you proficient team leading, collaboration and communication skills.
- You have experience with developing complex customized solutions, including solid understanding of the finance, value chain and business drivers in engineering and manufacturing.
- Experience with definition of IT offerings (business and technical terms); identification, formulation and prioritization of demands and requirements; management of defined IT offering across life cycle, including sourcing and management of portfolio.
- English, fluent orally and in writing.
- You are capable of defining a clear vision looking beyond the immediate difficulties and focuses on the far-reaching consequences.
- You see things in a broad perspective, and take tendencies in the environment into account when planning and developing strategies.
- You can divide problems into relevant parts; differentiates between key areas and less important areas.
- You display a logical mind-set and makes sensible decisions on the basis of available information.
- You are capable of having an overview of a specific situation and at the same time work detailed with a problem.
- You display a high energy-level and work determinedly and efficiently.
- You execute many different being industrious and persistent without compromising quality.
- You communicate the central issues in a discussion in a clear, fluent and precise manner.
- You can keep the recipients' attention and are attentive to the needs of others when speaking.
What we offer
We are offering an exciting and challenging job in an international atmosphere with great opportunities to make an impact and grow the business. You will be part of an international organization with opportunities to grow and develop in the job both professionally and personally. Furthermore we offer the possibility of becoming an important leader in building our new Data & Analytics organization on our continued journey of getting to the next level of data-driven decision making.
Workplace will be at the Vestas headquarter in Aarhus. Travel expected to be around 30 days a year.
For additional information on the position, please contact Senior Director Christian Østergård Kristensen at +45 52 15 77 53.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world’s energy mix more sustainable – join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.