Senior Developer for Alternative Investment
Do you have what it takes to implement financial software using both object-oriented and functional programming languages? Then perhaps an interesting career is awaiting you in SimCorp.
SimCorp Dimension is one of the world’s leading investment management software systems used globally by international financial institutions and equity funds. Due to our growth, we are currently looking for an experienced software developer for our Alternative Investment solution.
You will be working in Copenhagen as part of SimCorp’s Product Division comprising more than 400 employees. You will join a highly skilled team that is responsible for further developing our complex enterprise software, driven by requests from our clients cooperating closely with colleagues from other development groups, and our Market Division.
The role as developer
You will be part of an agile team consisting of developers, business experts, and testers. The team is responsible for delivering functionality within the Alternative Investment area. The respective code is based on both APL but also C#. You will be involved in all parts of the development process including planning, design, development, test and maintenance.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Developing core functionality to support the Alternative Investment module.
- Maintain the existing code base.
- Working as part of your scrum team to reach the definition of done with each sprint.
- Constantly learn and improve yourself, the team and our product.
You will get a diverse working day, participating in all stages of the development lifecycle, including creation and review of user stories, development, design, coding, code reviews, writing unit tests, and support.
An important part of your role will be to interact with testers, system architects, product owners and other teams to ensure delivery of sound solutions.
In order for you to thrive and succeed in this role, you preferably possess the following professional skills:
- An educational background as a data scientist or a master’s degree/Ph.D. in computer sciences, engineering, physics, mathematics, natural sciences or documented similar achievements.
- Programming experience with different development languages and environments, e.g. Dyalog APL, C, C++, or C#.
- Ability to work with and develop complex architecture, front and back-end.
- Knowledge about financial industry or even better about SimCorp Dimension is considered a plus.
- Experience with agile development and scrum techniques would be beneficial.
You see yourself as a person with:
- A strong sense of quality, ability to work to deadlines, attention to detail, and taking ownership of delivering a sound solution.
- Curiosity, ability and willingness to apply broad knowledge in different areas and constantly learn new things, such as specific business domain knowledge or the APL programming language.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and fluency in English (spoken and written).
- A good sense of humor and pragmatic approach.
Alternative Investment is a core focus area for SimCorp, and we are currently expanding our development and test capacity in this area. The expectation is to launch a number of new solutions over the coming years, which will enable our clients to handle their alternative investments inside SimCorp Dimension. The development will be done in close cooperation with our clients, to secure a high client satisfaction when the solutions are launched.
At the moment the department consists of developers, testers, and technical writers situated in Copenhagen and Frankfurt.
We follow the Scaled Agile Framework SAFe where development and test are integrated parts of the development process, and are done within two weeks sprints. We have an informal way of communicating, taking charge of our tasks with dedication, team spirit and humour.
An interesting and challenging position in a Danish but internationally oriented company with an exciting professional environment. SimCorp is a dynamic organization characterized by an open and direct atmosphere, great opportunities concerning professional and personal development, and a good social environment with many activities after work.
As a new employee you will, in addition to being assigned a buddy, be enrolled in a comprehensive introduction program and attend 'SimCorp Academy', where you will be introduced to our product SimCorp Dimension.
Please send us your application as soon as possible or latest by November 1st, 2016. We will process incoming applications continually.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Lene Hays Thøgersen on +45 35 44 88 00.