IT Infrastructure Network Architect
As part of IT Infrastructure Development and Architecture you will be a part of a department that is responsible for the IT infrastructure on a global scale. A subset of the IT Infrastructure is the network infrastructure, covering areas like LAN, WAN, WLAN, Load balancers & Firewalls.
Your responsibility as Network Architect will predominantly be in the area of Datacenter and Campus LAN and WAN where you will define and maintain network standards and concepts as well as implement these on a global scale.
Some degree of 3rd level support for the operational department must be expected.
Much of the actual hands-on implementations are performed by either other internal departments or external consultant and sourcing partners. It is therefore crucial that you are able to manage these deliverables as well as communicate with stakeholders on different levels.
MAN Diesel & Turbo currently has Cisco as network vendor, so experience and certifications within this portfolio is a prerequisite for applying to the position. However, you should be open to work with products from other vendors as it is the strategy within our company to use an open architecture approach for the next generation of network platforms.
You will play a central role in redefining and implementing this strategy into a design standard.
You will become part of an international team of highly experienced & skilled infrastructure architects and specialists, located mainly in Europe. You will be working closely together with other infrastructure specialists as well as colleagues from the application areas within IT.
You will be the key responsible person for driving and developing the architecture within the areas of Datacenter, LAN and WAN. This requires you to create and maintain the design architecture standards for the global MAN Diesel & Turbo network and ensure new and existing implementations adhere to the standards within the MAN & VW Group.
Together with colleagues in the Infrastructure Development department and/or other parts of IT you will be building and implementing new solutions for MAN Diesel & Turbo and you must be able to manage technical project implementation with a well-documented handover to the operational department and outsourcing partners.
You will participate in and contribute to architecture workgroups within MAN Diesel and Turbo and other brands in the Volkswagen group.
- You enjoy working as part of a highly-qualified team as well as working independently.
- You enjoy working in a large international company.
- You can work as part of projects or head own projects.
- You are self-driven and has a high energy level.
- You can manage simultaneous projects and support cases.
- You acknowledge the importance of delivering projects within agreed time-schedules.
- You are open-minded with excellent communication skills to present, describe and document your work.
- Excellent communication skills in English are a must. The ability to speak and understand German is a benefit, but not a requirement.
- You have a broad infrastructure understanding.
- You are open for working with technologies outside core competence area.
- You are curious to obtain knowledge on other related infrastructure technologies.
- You have experience in working with outsourced services.
- You have a bachelor's degree or higher in IT related discipline.
- You most likely have experience with project management.
- You are experienced and certified in relevant Cisco technologies, preferably CCNP or higher.
- You are familiar with ITIL and acknowledge the benefits from working with a best practice framework.
- A busy and interesting job in a social responsible organization.
- The possibility to influence the infrastructure of a large international company.
- Participation in many exiting projects.
- An international working environment.
- The possibility to continuously develop your skills.
- Highly skilled colleagues.
- Flexible working hours.
- A salary matching your qualifications.
- A pension scheme and health insurance.
As we support your further career development within MAN Diesel and Turbo, this role allows you to pursue challenges in other areas.
Work location is Copenhagen. Some travel activities must be expected.
Application & contact
If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Jacob Bjufstrøm at +45 33 85 24 65 or e-mail Jacob.Bjufstroem@man.eu. If you want further information about our company please visit our homepage www.mandieselturbo.com.
Please send us your motivated application and your CV as soon as possible, latest by November 1st 2016. The application should be submitted via the apply button below.