Head of Unit – Operational Processes
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Information Technology, Corporate Services Directorate (CS-IT) – Transversal Services Department (TSD) – Infrastructure & Operations Division (IO) – Operational Processes Unit (OP), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Head of Unit – Operational Processes.
This is a full/part time position at grade 5/6
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Within the IT Transversal Services Department and the Infrastructure & Operations Division, the role of the Operational Processes Unit is to manage end-to-end transversal IT processes based on the ITIL framework, namely Incident, Problem, Configuration, Change and Identity & Access Management and to provide a single point of contact for Service Integration between the EIB and third-party service providers. In addition, the Unit is responsible for process modelling and monitoring of other processes managed within the Division.
The Head of Unit will promote and implement an ITIL-based process environment within the IT Department with the objective of providing high quality services to its customers.
The Head of Unit will report to the Head of the Infrastructure & Operations Division and work in direct contact with the Head of Unit for End-User Services, the Head of Unit for Datacentre and Network Services, as well as the Heads of Units from other IT Divisions.
Internally, s/he will work in close cooperation with colleagues from across the EIB Group and the IT Department in particular. Externally, s/he will interact with external consultants and Infrastructure service provider in the context of the managed services framework contract.
The Head of Unit will be responsible for:
- Defining and proposing policies applicable to IT service management as well as to Identity & Access Management following best practises and LEAN methodologies related to ITIL processes implementation with regard to the short, medium and long term, this includes:
- Proactively suggesting additions or amendments to the IT Department’s service management strategy and its related processes in light of the project portfolio and needs identified from contacts with business and IT users
- Taking ownership of the process improvement projects and acting as a key driver to enhance service delivery to IT and to the rest of the Bank and promoting a continuous improvement culture in the Service Management process area
- Coordinating and evaluating strategic projects in own domain, ensuring a high quality of deliverables
- Coordinating, supervising and executing end-to-end transversal IT processes based on the ITIL framework, in order to support the delivery of IT services, this includes:
- Coordinating the team of process managers and ensuring that process improvement projects are delivered on time and according to requirements
- Managing communication and quality measurement related to processes in the Unit’s scope
- Providing oversight and reporting to IT management
- Driving communication on process improvement and process management
- Driving change management in the organisation during the implementation of process changes
- Managing and developing staff members in the Operational Processes Unit, in collaboration with the Head of Division, to achieve the strategic objectives and implement the work programme of the Directorate
- Managing or participating in special initiatives that can go beyond the strict boundaries of own domain and that have a specific scope and timing, in order to ensure the realisation of the initiative within the set scope, time and budget
- University degree in business, computing or related fields
- Minimum 5 years of relevant process management experience including at least 3 years’ experience in leading cross functional teams and proven successful track record
- ITIL Certification would be an advantage
- Project Management Certification, either Prince 2 or PMP/PMI would be an advantage
- Experience in managing Identity & Access Management activities
- Management experience or proven ability to manage a multicultural team
Key technical/professional knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of “lean” process improvement methodologies would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of how the Bank operates and is organised would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s standard office tools
- Excellent verbal and written English and/or French language skills and a good command of the other (*)
- Change Orientation: Ability to drive change and innovation to realise the Bank’s mission and strategy
- Providing Direction: Aptitude to provide direction by translating organisational objectives and strategic direction into team and individual actions
- Delegation: Capacity to delegate responsibility and provide others with the means and authority to act within their own area of responsibility
- Coaching and Development: Ability to guide and develop others to make the most of their skills and potential
- Commitment: Aligns behaviour with the interests of the EIB in a committed way and supports diversity policies
- Teamwork and Communication: Takes a co-operative approach within the team, sharing knowledge and information. Seeks to promote harmony within the team and contribute to team processes
- Reliability: Demonstrates a focus on achieving results and objectives. Meets commitments and takes responsibility for personal performance
- Integrity: Maintains high standards of honesty and trustworthiness. Considers ethical implications of issues and decisions
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
For more information and how to apply, please visit https://erecruitment.eib.org selecting Job ID 103464
Deadline for applications: 27th October 2016
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability