LEAN optimization of Optical Fiber Production.
Two days are never the same when working at OFS. We are constantly being challenged to improve productivity and introduce new complex products.
Customers request our optical fiber solutions that are used for under-sea and land-based connections, for robots and other applications.
We are therefore on the outlook for a software developer in this newly created position.
As Software Developer, you will be a part of the technical implementation of our solution, which will include work within the following areas:
- Develop software for new products
- Test, documentation and compliance
- Collaboration with Production and R&D to develop our production systems, including software for automation and optimization of work flows
We work with a wide range of languages, frameworks and technologies including C#, PowerBuilder, Oracle, PL-SQL, SQL and Measurement Studio.
You will be part of the R&D team and will report to Product Automation Manager Sten Andreasen.
Preferred background & qualifications
- Education: Master of Engineering, Computer Scientist or equivalent
- Experience with development of database applications in C#
- Experience / Interest in working with LEAN manufacturing
- Thrive in a collaborative environment with experts and production staff
- Strong language skills in English. Language skills in Danish will be preferred
- An independent team player with a positive attitude internally as well as externally with customers and partners
What we offer
- Your colleagues will be some of the brightest in the field
- You will receive training on-site – and also get the opportunity to realize own ideas and see them put to use
- We prefer a flat organizational structure without top-down management and bureaucracy
- Competitive salary, pension, health insurance, lunch program, clothing program, social activities, etc.
We employ the smartest in the industry. If that is you, then we would love to have you join the OFS-team.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Further information & application
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Birgit O’Sullivan, M +45 51 22 19 79 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit your application, send your CV & motivated application via the apply button below. Please use your private e-mail and mark your application: ”Software Developer”.
OFS Group is a leading supplier of optical fiber-based solutions. Headquarters are placed in Atlanta, USA. OFS is owned by Japanese Furukawa Electric Co.
OFS Fitel Denmark develops, produces and sells optical fiber-based solutions from the company in Brøndby with 160 employees. Solutions include optical fibers, fiber sensors, fiber lasers as well as other fiber components. The products are applied within telecom, medico, oil & gas and other industrial applications.
More than 95% is exported. www.ofsoptics.com