Safely deploying products and services to a large user group across a wide range of different platforms and technologies is a challenging job, and we are now looking for an experienced deployment specialist to strengthen our team.
Responsibilities and challenges
As part of a global deployment team, you will take responsibility for the entire build, release and deployment process for a number of desktop products (Windows/Linux) and online services (Cloud/on-premise). Alongside the daily deployment tasks, you will take a leading role in refining, improving and modernizing our current processes and policies in order to provide an improved experience for the users and product teams. Moreover, you will take active part in maintaining and evolving our global development infrastructure (source control system, build system, issue tracking, test automation etc.).
In addition to being an authority on SCM and deployment solutions, you must also possess inter-personal and managerial skills in order to define and execute SCM projects, including verbal communication, stakeholder involvement, writing a requirements specification, managing and reporting progress etc.
Finally, you will be responsible for enforcing DHI standards in the group, to ensure that DHI complies with our ISO9001 certification.
- At least 3 years of working experience as deployment specialist.
- Hands-on experience with desktop installers (InstallShield/WIX), as well as experience with deployment of online services.
- Experience with some or all of the following technologies is an advantage: NuGet, Bower, Git, TeamCity, Jenkins, Seapine Surround, Subversion.
- Experience with deployment to one or more of the larger cloud providers is an advantage (e.g. AWS or Azure).
- As a person, you are a team player, but not afraid of taking the lead when required.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English, and basic knowledge of the Danish language.
Finally, you are a good communicator and able to efficiently document, communicate and discuss technical matters with your colleagues in the DHI offices worldwide.
We offer a challenging job in an informal and international working environment, a great opportunity to utilise, shape and expand your skills and expertise, and a continued career development opportunity.
Hørsholm, Denmark - 25 km north of Copenhagen.
Please submit your application and CV via the apply button below. Application deadline: November 1, 2016. For further information about the position or DHI, please contact Head of Unit Jesper Overgaard (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About MIKE Powered by DHI
MIKE Powered by DHI is the software branch of DHI. We develop computational software products and information systems targeting a wide range of environment and water related applications. We have development centers located in Denmark, Germany, Singapore and China, and we draw on a global network of domain experts located in more than 30 offices around the World.