Product Owner for our Agile Teams
Do you want to take the ownership of our product and make a difference for our users? Would you thrive contributing to the long-term backlog, as well as short-term operational execution? Then you might be one of our Product Owners for our Product Division.
SimCorp is a leading provider of front-to-back investment management system, SimCorp Dimension. As a global company with more than 170 clients including many of the top tier buy-side asset managers, all rely on Dimension to manage their complex investment universe. SimCorp continuously enhance Dimension to remain at the forefront of industry technology and trend.
Get an interesting position in our new agile team
In Product Division we have eight Agile Release trains (ARTs), and each of them consists of a number of agile teams. Each agile team has a Product Owner. The Product Owner is the member of the agile team who serves as the customer proxy, and is working closely with Product Management, and with other Product Owners within the ART and across ARTs. The Product Owner contributes to the Program Backlog, aligns strategies with Product Management, and plans Product Increments in close cooperation with the Product Managers. Further, the Product Owner leads the definition of user stories together with the teams, while maintaining conceptual and technical integrity, and prioritizes the resulting agile team backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities.
Your tasks will include:
- Fulfil the Product Owner role as described in SAFe.
- Own (build, refine, maintain, and re-prioritize) the team backlog.
- Coordinate content dependencies to other teams/Product Owners.
- Drive user story creation, provide story elaboration, and prioritize according to value creation.
- Accept stories when acceptance criteria is met and participate in demo & retrospectives.
- Be an expert and the "go-to" person on the functionality in the area you are responsible for.
- Solicit input on how to improve the functionality both internally and externally.
- Present and create buy-in for functionality both internally and externally.
- Own the functional dialogue with clients in clients development partnerships.
An experienced colleague for our new organization
As the ideal candidate you possess some of the following qualifications:
- A proven track-record as a Product Owner, business analyst, project, product or line manager.
- Experience with SAFe/agile practices will be an advantage.
- Understanding of the financial services industry will be an advantage.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Goal orientation rather than task orientation.
- Good communication skills and the ability to "bridge" to other stakeholders.
- Appreciation of team accomplishments over personal accomplishments.
- Specific qualifications as required for specific ART, as described below.
- A master's degree in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Physics, Finance or similar.
We are looking for Product Owners in following release trains:
- For the Portfolio Analytics and Reporting ART we are searching for a product owner who can use his/her expertise in business intelligence and data modelling to create insights in Management KPIs for single clients, and across clients by defining and building relevant KPI benchmark. The ideal candidate has documented experience turning structured and unstructured data into business insight.
- For the PD Tools we are looking for Product owners, who have great knowledge of software development tools and processes, software services and implementation within the areas of:
- Continuous integration and deployment.
- Software Configuration Management.
- Test and Development Environments.
- QC frameworks ("build", unit test, Silktest).
- For the TechART we are looking for Product Owners for the technical areas like system operation, application frameworks and cloud solutions. Proven work experience with programming; both compiled and interpreted languages, e.g. from large enterprise systems development is advantage.
SimCorp offers an interesting and challenging job in an international company with an inspiring professional environment. SimCorp is a dynamic workplace with an informal atmosphere and good development possibilities (professionally as well as personally). We offer flexible working hours plus many social activities after work. The vast majority of our new colleagues join the SimCorp Academy – a three-week professional in-depth introduction to our SimCorp Dimension software platform. Your introduction is followed up in your local unit with on-the-job training and relevant courses.
If you would like to know more about the job, please contact Director, Daniela Lück, at +45 35 44 88 00. We are looking forward to receiving your application as soon as possible. We will be processing applications continually.