Senior Project Management Officer
This is an opportunity to join Maersk Line’s IT Project Management Office team to support project teams in the application of a shared project management methodology and related processes. The PMO Team will assume responsibility for adherence to governance as well as Maersk Lines IT project model and other guidelines and policies. As a Senior PMO, you will have the accountability for defining and optimizing standards, processes and methods as well as designing and continuously improving the reporting of progress, risks and requirements. This role is an integral part of the organization with a focus on improving efficiencies while reducing cost.
Reporting into the Director of IT PMO, this position offers the unique opportunity to be part of a team that will strategically aim to transform MLIT projects and develop them in to industry leading solutions.
At A.P. Moller - Maersk we focus on the individual’s development and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterized by change and continuous progress.
As a senior member of the Project and Program Management Office you would be responsible to streamline, optimise and transform to ensure efficient program support and effective governance of principles, both of which will drive transparency and accountability.
This role would involve:
- Being accountable for defining and optimising standards, processes and methods as well as designing and continuously improving the reporting of progress, risks and requirements
- Establish and manage effective communications across the organisation
- Ensure project delivery to project plan and budget
Who we are looking for
- Person with at least 8 years of experience of which 5 years have been working with large corporations on leading IT projects
- Excellent track record as a Program Manager in managing large complex IT projects
- University Degree in computer science or similar
- Relevant areas of expertise include, but are not limited to; Technology development, portfolio management in a corporate environment
- High proficiency in both written and oral English is a must
- Structured, organised, service orientated and proactive collaborator
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.