Looking for a platform to start a successful career at Maersk? Come join the team that sits at the interesting intersection of IT development and the shipping business! We are looking for bright, motivated Masters’ students for our Operations IT Delivery department in Maersk Line IT.
You have extremely high personal standards, comprehensive organizational skills and a drive to become a high performer.
You will have the opportunity to gain insight into a truly global, large and complex organization where the ability to work across diverse cultures and organizational levels will be critical for obtaining stakeholder buy-in and driving improvements and data quality. Within this complex working environment, you will gain experience on various IT development subject matters and Project Management disciplines, and receive a relatively large amount of empowerment to drive your own deliverables.
You will learn more about an exciting industry and understand how the complexity of IT supports the container business.
You will become a part of the Ship Manager IT team, which is 14 dedicated and highly competent people, with a strong focus on deliveries, value creation and team spirit. The team is responsible for continuous improvements to the newly implemented Ship Manager system on all Maersk Line ships.
- Support the Ship Management project (part of MLIT Operations Delivery department) in a set of different tasks across our project activities.
- Reporting and status management to ensure project insight towards executive management.
- Ad-hoc analysis & tasks e.g. test execution, planning of smaller deliveries, requirement analysis, technical support for data migration, team event planning.
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks
- You have extremely high personal standards, comprehensive organizational skills and a drive to become a high performer
Who we are looking for
- A high level of self-confidence, integrity and drive, combined with the ability to meet deadlines through prioritizing and organizing activities.
- Strong analytical, organisational and IT technical skills.
- An independent problem-solver who is able to identify root causes of issues and develop and implement solutions to resolve issues appropriately.
- Focused on quality.
- Socially engaged.
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Farhana Mohammed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.