Agile Developer with extensive QA skills
Are you Maersk Line IT’s new self-reliant Agile Developer and do you at the same time have extensive QA skills as far as code metrics are concerned? Do you want to be working with one or more vendor teams streamlining our software development and ensuring top quality of deliverables for the container business where innovations and agile approach are currently in top focus? If yes, then continue reading.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk Line has embarked on a transformation journey, focusing on a long-term strategy to remain best in class in an industry that is increasingly volatile. At the very core of this strategy lies IT. Viewed as a significant enabler of our company strategy, IT is an area where our top management has made and will continue to make increasing investments in.
In Maersk Line IT, we actively engage the business and deliver its needs while undergoing our own transformation. We aim to be a world-class professional IT organization that delivers business value through automation, standardisation, increased forecasting capabilities and proactive handling of the market. These are levers that our leadership rely on to maintain a strong and stable presence in the market.
We further aim to establish one global platform on which we effectively build systems that allow us to differentiate from our competitors in the market. Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees. Some travel must be expected.
- Ensure agreed quality metrics of code in the development team you are attached to
- Secure quality of deliverables in the given development team
- Facilitate establishing of adopted development best practices in the team
- Follow the Agile approach with value-first and fail-fast principles
- Build and release management across a number of development teams, understanding of build dependencies
- Drive end-to-end responsibility in the development team
- Accelerate development by driving improvement initiatives
- Coordinate across other development teams to remove blockers
- Daily pair-programming and code reviews with team peers
- Unit Testing inspection
- Daily sparring and spiking with the development team on the aspects of quality of code and deliverables
Who we are looking for
- Working experience with software development for at least 1 year
- Experience with OOD principles and languages, preferably C# and Java
- Understanding quality assurance principles of software development
- Knowledge of software quality metrics and measures
- Familiarity with DevOps principles, Agile methodologies and tools
- Understanding software testing approaches
- Excellent knowledge of Unit Testing frameworks
- Practical knowledge of CI/CD principles
- Static code analysis principles
- Understanding of code instrumentation principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Experience with Web-development
- Practical knowledge of source code management tools
- Experience with Microsoft .NET stack
- Test Driven Development experience
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.