Database Developer for Operations Planning & Execution
- Would you like to work closely with application development and business teams in an energetic and agile environment?
- Would you like to be involved in the day to day development and design of the databases underlying our Operations planning applications?
Then this exciting opportunity may be the right one for you.
Maersk Line is currently seeking a skilled Database developer to support the ongoing development of some of our key operations management systems.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Algeciras, Charlotte and India.
The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
You will work closely with the application development and business teams in an energetic and agile environment. You will be involved in the day to day development and design of the databases underlying our Operations planning applications.
One of your key responsibilities will be to ensure overall DB design integrity and act as the go-to person for the application developers.
You will also support the release and packaging process for system releases to test and production.
Other areas of responsibility:
- Work with application development teams to ensure that DB/table design is optimal
- Improve existing DB design and usage
- Performance and stress testing of the database as needed
- Perform basic DB administration functions as needed
- Work closely with project teams during all phases to produce high quality test code deliverables
- Build a framework to support DB/application data testing
- ETL, data integration, data quality and data conversion design/implementation
- Provide mentoring and guidance to developers/test engineers
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders in order to understand requirements
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor's Degree in an IT related discipline as well as 3+ years of experience in a dedicated DB development.
Other key areas:
- Strong experience with MS SQL 2008/2012
- Data modelling and data architecture design/implementation experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to plan tasks and work independently to meet predefined project deadlines and drive tasks to completion
- General experience with Windows server environments, SQL databases
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
- Some knowledge of Continuous Integration and Release management tools would be an advantage
- Potentially also Microsoft application development experience
- Ability to effectively express and present ideas/information within the team, good written English and preferably also some spoken English
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner Maj-Britt Clayton on email@example.com.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.