Are you technically well founded in the realm of BI and Analytics? Are you curious by nature and quick in acquiring knowledge and proficiency? Are you a strong communicator with the ability to liaise with stakeholders both in business and IT at all levels? Then we offer a unique opportunity to join Maersk on our information driven journey staying at the forefront of technology while delivering visible business value for this globally respected, industry leading brand.
This position offers the ability to apply your strong BI and Analytics capabilities delivering insights to the organization in strong collaboration with our business specialists and data scientists.
Agile Data Labs is a team composed of highly skilled individuals well recognized for their ability to bridge business and technology to deliver high value business insight. The team is on the forefront of technology and gets exposure to the most important strategic initiatives of the organization.
This is an extremely exciting time to join a fast paced, growing and dynamic team which through it's flat structure and agility provides the individual with a significant impact on the daily work and responsibilities.
At A.P. Moller - Maersk we focus on the individual’s development and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterised by change and continuous progress.
As a developer in Agile Data Labs you participate in various projects and strategic initiatives all with the intent to improve the performance of the organization through data and information.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Cover the full delivery lifecycle ranging from the initial dialogue with the business through the actual technical implementation
- Participate in projects and strategic initiatives within BI and Analytics
- Partner with key stakeholders in business and IT as needed
- Data engineering work in collaboration with our data scientists
- Unit and integration testing and facilitation of user acceptance test
- Absorb and join the driving of the ongoing digital journey of the organization impacting the existing processes and technical landscape.
Who we are looking for
- At least 3 years of working experience with BI and Analytics
- Master's degree in computer science, engineering or similar
- Excellent track record of delivery in technologies like Teradata, Hadoop, Informatica (BDE), MS Azure
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodology and tools such as JIRA
- Great collaboration skills, and also the ability to engage and deliver autonomously
- Stakeholder management skills
- Willingness and ability to branch out across several technologies
- Fluent proficiency in both written and oral English.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.