Application Manager Mobile
During the past few years, Maersk Line has embarked on a major transformation program to fundamentally change the way our business and industry operate. Making it easier for our customers to do business with us is a key element in this. As part of this transformation a number of mobile apps are being developed and rolled out. To support this we are looking for an Application Manager (Mobile Applications) to work within a team of key personnel, whose primary focus is on improving the availability and performance of our business applications whilst complying with standard governance and processes.
An exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
Working closely with the mobile application support team on a number of priority tasks and projects, providing expertise in the system functionality and user processes.
Acting as escalation point for support teams for incidents and being responsible for analyzing, documenting and investigating the problems as well as identifying solutions.
Being a part of the team focused on reducing the number of incidents and improving the overall support processes and customer experience.
A fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte and India. Dynamic environment within Maersk Line IT department with focus on high performance, results, and respect for employees.
Working with the mobile development teams in order to gain understanding of the business functionality being introduced and rolled out on mobile platforms and to ensure that the offshore support teams are fully trained and understand the changes in order to support the business, also ensuring that changes being delivered are of good quality and can sustain in production environment.
Dealing with complexity, competent colleagues, demanding customers and responsive suppliers all over the world in a truly global company.
- Gathering functional and non-functional requirements when a release is initiated by the Application Management & Support team
- For new developments, ensuring training is completed for offshore support teams, risks have been mitigated and properly documented and solutions are deployed in accordance with MLIT standard governance
- Working with the development team throughout the development cycle to understand functional changes, review requirements and participate in HOAT (Hand Over Acceptance Testing)
- Ensuring testing of the development releases is carried out to a high standard and that system and use acceptance test cases and approach is clearly defined
- Managing the support organisation and working as the escalation point for Support issues while ensuring SLAs are met for incidents, problems and requests
- Involving relevant stakeholders in problem analysis to ensure root cause and subsequent solution is correctly established and prioritised – including working with other application managers and service managers where necessary
- Ensuring that there is good communication with all stakeholders particularly at times of system incidents and outages
- Working with the Live Help Support teams and Application vendors to identify ways in which the end to end management of incidents and problems can be continuously improved to increase system availability and enhance user experience
- Identifying and promoting innovations that will improve the overall value and cost-effectiveness of Maersk Line IT
- Serving as subject matter expert regarding business processes which make use of the online mobile applications towards IT colleagues and vendors (from a support perspective as well as development/change) when various projects are changing areas of the IT landscape and need input on the impact relevant to the online applications
- Being a “Gatekeeper” for the specific mobile applications – including change planning/acceptance, capacity planning, and demand management in conjunction with business stakeholders and strategies/plans
- Being responsible for initiation of improvement projects, working with Service Management CSI team to ensure appropriate prioritization
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate holds an IT/Computer Science degree and minimum three years’ experience working with mobile applications and proven commercial track record of supporting & maintaining enterprise level mobile apps.
Working knowledge of webservices & API’s is a must together with the following capabilities:
- Knowledge of Apple app store and Google play store
- Understanding the lifecycle of mobile applications
- Strong analytical skills
- Decision and execution mind-set
- Problem Solving
- Vendor Management
- Project Management
- Incident Management
- Collaboration skills
- Knowledge of Application Maintenance
- Excellent Communication and People Skills
- Self-starter personality
- Highly motivated and innovative
- Used to work under pressure with ability to multi task
We are looking for an energetic person with an optimistic nature and good sense of humour, who is willing to be part of a multicultural team. You are willing to learn and keep abreast of the latest in IT processes and systems, and it would be beneficial if you are already conversant with the current Maersk Line systems and processes.
For further information, please contact: Maciej Pietraszak (email@example.com).
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.