Software Engineer for Space Projects
Would you like to work in an international dynamic and challenging environment? Then Rovsing A/S is the place for you!
Our space development group is looking for a dedicated and committed Software Engineer with sharp application development skills.
Rovsing provides state of the art test systems for ground testing of satellites. These systems have stringent performance and safety requirements to all building blocks in order to provide constant protection of Satellite hardware in case of unforeseen hardware failure under testing.
You will be part of our project teams in the above-mentioned areas, where your primary responsibilities will be software design, development, integration and testing.
The ideal candidate is a software engineer with several years of experience in high-level software development. The candidate shall be able to participate in all of the maintenance and development efforts of the team, contributing to the entire software life cycle, from analysis to design, coding, documentation and testing, throughout deployment and maintenance. The successful candidate will be given responsibility over major components of our software solutions and new projects in collaboration with the management and team colleagues. The candidate shall be able to operate independently and meet the agreed deadlines as well as being pro-active in sharing knowledge with the colleagues and in addressing potential project risks.
We are looking for a person with a profile matching most of the characteristics listed below:
Essential Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 3 years relevant working experience in Software Design and Development
- Solid hands-on software experience with focus on design, coding and testing on a unit and system level
- Experience in analysing, designing and implementing efficient solutions when presented with a requirement specification
- Experience with higher level programming languages such as Java, C++ or .NET
- Fluency in both written and oral communication English
- Ability to thoroughly document your work
Secondary Technical Skills and Experience
- Extensive knowledge about development methods and structured SW development
- Knowledge of modern development and design methods
- Experience with open source components
- Experienced Linux user
It will be considered an advantage if you also have any of the following
- Experience with C / Embedded C
- Knowledge of the Space – and/or Aerospace Industry
- Knowledge of Software- Lifecycle, Engineering and Quality standards
- Proposal work
- Experience with UML, SVN version control and Eclipse IDE
- Experience with interfacing and databases
- You are the type of person that sees solutions instead of problems
- A fast learner with an analytical mind
- Good communication and team-working skills
- Take responsibility for your own work and for the overall result
- Work independently and structured
- A positive attitude and a good sense of humour
- A challenging job working with highly skilled colleagues in an interesting and professional field
- Participation in projects in an international and dynamic environment with flexible working conditions and attractive premises
- Excellent career opportunities
The working location will be at Rovsing’s premises in Skovlunde (Copenhagen, Denmark).
Please send your application including CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Since we are reviewing applications and inviting for interviews on a continuous basis, we urge you to apply as soon as possible. The position will be filled as soon as we have found the right candidate.
Any questions should be directed to:
Tel: +45 51908526
Send Your Application
Please send your motivated application including CV and copy of university diploma to the email address indicated above.
Rovsing A/S is an independent Danish company, with 20 years of progressive Space systems expertise and currently expanding its operations into the Automotive Systems sectors. Our success comes from our experiences with software development, verification and validation for European space communication and transportation systems which allow for zero defect software only. Our mission is to transfer these experiences to automotive electronic systems where we have conducted successful projects with major OEM and TIER1 customers in Germany.
Rovsing A/S Headquarters is in Skovlunde, Denmark, where our main hardware development laboratories, software development environment and system integration facilities are located.