Zmags is a global SaaS company focusing on delivering cutting edge web content creation and publishing platforms to high end brands across the globe. We help our customers create engaging web content that increases website engagement and drives conversions. We have more than 10 years of experience in delivering online catalog content with Publicator and in 2015 we launched a brand new platform, Creator, which enables customers to easily create and quickly publish immersive, engaging and shoppable content, without any restrictions on target platform, coding or dependencies on technical resources.
Our development resources are located in Copenhagen and the team is growing. We are currently looking for a Development Manager to lead a team of 9 developers.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader in software development with strong management skills, a deep technical foundation and great communication skills to support the development team in software development, architecture and design decisions. The right individual will demonstrate a professional approach to software development and a passion for building great products.
We are looking for candidates with:
- 5+ years of experience managing and directing a team of software developers in an Agile software development environment. Management experience must include direct people management, recruitment, performance evaluation, training etc.
- A proven ability to work together with Product Management to execute effectively on the product roadmap.
- The ability to optimize team performance and drive results.
- Experience with tools of Agile development such as: Maintaining a backlog, story scoping, story break down, story estimation, retrospectives etc.
- IT related education, preferably a master's degree Computer Science, Software Development or other high level IT related degrees.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to demonstrate leadership internally with the team and externally with the company and our clients on a technical level when needed.
- A good understanding of delivery optimization and automation with continuous integration and delivery.
- Experience with SaaS, both with respects to architecture, infrastructure and product design.
- Experience with cloud hosted platforms and cloud services in general.
- Additional management related education or training.
The role - What are we offering you?
As Zmags’ Development Manager, you will enter the management team in engineering, collaborating with managers of operations and quality assurance. You will be responsible for managing a team of 9 developers and for driving improvements to our SaaS platforms. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will also have daily interaction with the VP of Product to develop and track new product development. You’ll be responsible for coordinating and tracking technical improvements and responsible for ensuring good development discipline, progress and coordination. You are expected to reach a good level of technical platform knowledge and be able to articulate the pros/cons of any planned improvements.
As the Development Manager, your daily work will consist of:
- Delivering task breakdown and estimation for upcoming improvements in collaboration with Product Management and your team.
- Working with Product Management on the product roadmap. You’ll be responsible for providing the high level technical information needed to make priority decisions early in the pipeline.
- Drive team progress and resolve any barriers blocking the team from completing their work.
- Drive investigations, discussions and coordination on architectural changes and technical improvements in collaboration with leading developers.
- Analyze team performance and optimize workflows and processes to accommodate improved throughput.
- Coordinate with the QA Manager on the quality of new development, the flow of releases and any known defects.
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager on changes that involves infrastructure, security model, performance, etc.
- Coordinate with Product Management on any questions or requirement changes needed for features in active development.
- Coordinate with Customer Services on any incoming bugs reported that requires priority and resolution.
The Development Manager role at Zmags requires you to be able to coordinate priorities and actions in collaboration with other key parts of the business. You must be able to handle multiple critical events simultaneously and be able to manage competing priorities for scarce development resources.
We are offering you a chance to work with a group of talented and dedicated engineers, building state-of-the-art online web application software. At Zmags we expect high standards from each other and we rely on a friendly team environment with a high degree of mutual respect and collaboration.
We will offer you:
- A competitive compensation package matching your qualifications, including a beneficial pension scheme and health insurance.
- A great office space located in the center of Copenhagen, right next to Nørreport Station.
- A fun and energetic working environment with great colleagues and a ton of social activities.
- Computer, mobile phone and internet connection for work and personal use.
- Access to Fitness World and massage therapy.
- A great lunch scheme with access to some of the best food in Torvehallerne plus breakfast options, fruit, soft drinks, coffee and tea freely available in the office.
If you are serious about leading a team, building great software and take pride in the work you do, you could be the Development Manager we are looking for.
Apply today or reach out for more information.
Zmags, the shoppable content company, empowers retail marketing and ecommerce professionals to easily create and rapidly publish the engaging shoppable digital experiences that increase user engagement and conversions. The Zmags Creator and Publicator platforms enable these experiences without the need to write a single line of code. Over 1,100 of today’s leading brands, including Marks & Spencer, Laura Ashley, Carrefour, Tesco, New York & Company, Neiman Marcus, Godiva, Ethan Allen, Ralph Lauren and many more, trust Zmags to help them instantly connect with their customers. The company is headquartered in Boston with offices in London and Copenhagen. For more information, please visit http://zmags.com/ and follow the company on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.