Data Warehouse Officer
If you are fascinated in data and the business behind it, and in designing solutions that are flexible and will be constantly adapted to the day to day challenges, the EIB offers you a lifetime opportunity to help us redesigning our Data Warehouse where you will have the capability to work in the full process cycle: development, analysis, project management, etc.
Some of EIB’s figures:
In 2015, the EIB signed 373 operations inside the EU providing financing in amount of EUR 69.6bn, leading to a total of new investments of EUR 263.9bn
- 373 signed operations inside the EU
- EUR 69.6bn of financing leading to a total of new investments of EUR 263.9bn
- EUR 15.4bn Innovation and Skills operations
- Signed EUR 19.8bn new SMEs and Midcaps operations
- 81,000 SMEs and small mid-caps supported
- Infrastructure operations in 2015 amounted to EUR 17.1bn, expected to employ 635,000 people directly during construction and 61,000 people during operations
- Environment operations in 2015 amounted to EUR 16.9bn and are expected to employ 612,000 people during construction and 162,000 people during operations
- 28 Member States
Looking to the above figures it’s easy to understand why data warehousing has become a key solution to the EIB and has also become critical and crucial to its more than 2,600 employees. We want you to be part of it!
We provide finance and expertise for sound and sustainable investment projects which contribute to furthering EU policy objectives. All the projects we finance must not only be bankable but also comply with strict economic, technical, environmental and social standards. The projects that we support make a significant contribution to growth and employment in Europe. Data warehousing helps us to have the information that we need in our decision making process, so that we can continue working towards objectives such as having a considerable impact on Europe’s economy, adding 830,000 jobs by 2017 and 1.4 million by 2030.
Your knowledge of IBM Infosphere Enterprise suite (Datastage, Information Governance Catalog , Information Analyser) 8.7 and upper versions and your strong capacity to think in technical and business terms with a focus on both technical issues and business processes, as well as your ability to multitask will help us to achieve the above. We want to get to know you!!
Want to know more about it?
Please do continue reading to know how you fit and apply for this position (1):
The Data Warehouse and Reporting Unit within the Corporate Services Directorate (CS) - Information Technology Department - Risk, Data and Integration Division is looking for a Data Warehouse Officer(1) to provide expert-level analysis to model the databases, develop the ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) jobs, support Information Governance Catalog (IGC) and Information analyser (IA) activities, and build the end-user reports according to standards and industry best practices.
The Data Warehouse Officer will design, develop, and optimise the Enterprise Data Warehouse to assist business users in their reporting needs related to the European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI) implementation. Additionally, s/he will monitor the Data Warehouse environments, provide end-user support to deliver reliable and accurate information and act as single point of contact for the IT tasks related to Data Governance.
The Data Warehouse Officer has responsibility for managing IT projects with a broad impact on business activities.
What YOU will be DOING
The Data Warehouse Officer will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that IT policies and initiatives in the Data Warehouse fields are implemented and key reporting needs are handled in the most effective and efficient way; this may include:
- Defining a unified approach for organising and representing EFSI /Mandate data within the Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Participating in the global definition of information architecture principles, policies, and the application of industry best practices
- Assisting the Data Governance Office in implementing policies and documenting process flows
- Ensuring the maintenance of the Enterprise Data Warehouse platform, including IGC and IA, either directly or with the assistance of consultants
- Functioning, where required, as a central coordination to ensure the delivery of expected Business Intelligence and Data Governance solutions
- Coordinating and supervising an external IT team so as to ensure the delivery of expected Business Intelligence and Data Governance solutions to internal business customers
- Providing specific advice and recommendations in the Data Warehouse and data governance fields in order to ensure that solutions are conceived, built and managed in line with EIB/IT standards and methodologies
What YOU NEED for this position
- University degree preferably in computer science or related disciplines
- At least 3 years of experience in the design, development, and maintenance of a data warehouse in the Banking area
- Strong technical knowledge of parallel development using IBM Infosphere Datastage Entreprise (8.7 and upper versions)
- Technical knowledge of Information Governance Catalog and Information analyser (11.3 and upper versions)
- Good technical knowledge of SAP Business Objects Suite (XI 4.x)
- Good knowledge of database management systems (Sybase ASE & IQ, Oracle)
- Significant experience in Data Warehouse modelling and methodologies
- Very good knowledge of project management principles, methods and practices
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(2) and a good understanding of the other language
What's in it FOR YOU
- Becoming versatile as our DW encompasses the whole Bank and not only an specific area
- Environment full of challenges
- Being part of an ethical and multicultural organization
- Work in a young and cheerful team of people passionate about their job who have a very interesting challenges ahead of them
- Competitive salary and benefits (check out http://www.eib.org/about/jobs/remuneration-and-benefits.htm)
(1) This is a full time position at grade 4/5. The term of this contract will be 4 years. The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract subject to organizational requirements and individual performance
(2) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages.
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
For more information and how to apply, please visit https://erecruitment.eib.org selecting Job ID 102639.
Deadline for applications: 20th December 2016.
Keywords: data, enterprise, warehouse, DW, DWH, EDW, business intelligence, reporting, data analysis, data model, data modelling, data mapping, data mart, query, reporting, ARHS, Business and Decision, Keyrus, Infosphere, Talend, Informatica, SAP Data Integrator.