Software Developer for Transaction Flows
We are looking for a talented software developer to implement core transaction flows for a wide range of financial contracts.
SimCorp provides IT solutions to the world's leading investment management firms. It's front-to-back solution, Dimension is a market leader and used by over 170 buy-side institutions to manage over $20.3 trillion in assets.
Financial Instrument Transactions is part of SimCorp's Product Division with more than 400 employees. You will join a team who is responsible for developing core transaction flows for financial contracts in SimCorp Dimension, including derivatives, equities, fixed income, FX and money market products. The transaction flows are part of the foundation of the system, with many interfaces in order to handle deal input and post-trade contract events.
Your role as application developer requires excellent problem-solving skills and attention to details. You will be a part of an agile team consisting of developers, testers and business experts. You will have diverse working days, participating in all parts of the development process including planning, design, development, test and maintenance. The respective code is based on APL. An important part of your role will be to interact with system architects, product owners, QA-analysts and other teams to ensure delivery of sound solutions.
The main responsibilities are:
- Analysing product requirements and specifications.
- Developing functionality in Financial Instrument Transactions modules.
- Maintaining existing codebase.
- Unit Testing.
- Reviewing work that was done by your colleagues.
- Participating in Scrum and SAFe events.
- Constantly learn and improve yourself, your team and our product.
Knowledge and experience
We expect you to:
- Have programming experience, e.g. from your current job or studies.
- Be willing to learn more about financial products and transaction flows in a large, complex system.
- Be used to deadlines, pay attention to detail and take ownership of delivering a sound solution.
- Be able to work independently as well as be a part of a geographically dispersed team.
- Have strong communication skills and be fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Have a good sense of humor and a pragmatic approach.
- Have a relevant Master's degree or a PhD (e.g. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or Economics).
An interesting and challenging job in an international company with an inspiring professional environment. SimCorp is a dynamic work place with an informal atmosphere and good development possibilities (professionally as well as personally). We offer flexible working hours plus many social activities after work.
As a new employee you will, in addition to being assigned a mentor, be enrolled in a comprehensive introduction program where you will be introduced to our product SimCorp Dimension.
Please send us your application as soon as possible or latest by December 9th, 2016. We will process incoming applications continually. If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Vadym Volkovynskyi on firstname.lastname@example.org.