Microsoft SQL Server Specialist
Be the key in unlocking business opportunities in the convergent world of Open Platform Community IP Video Management Systems! Join Milestone, the global market leader!
We offer an exciting and challenging job in our Global IT Operations! Milestone Systems A/S is looking for a skilled Microsoft SQL Server Specialist to work in our Brøndby, Denmark office. We are looking for someone who has strong, all-around experience with Microsoft Infrastructure Services.
Our team is responsible for delivering IT Helpdesk, 24/7 monitoring and IT infrastructure service to our offices and staff worldwide. The team consists of 16 people in Denmark, Bulgaria, the USA and Singapore with different levels of skills, experiences and education - all working closely together to deliver excellent IT services and infrastructure to all our employees. Our customers in R&D and Sales depend on stable and scalable IT Services that support the development of Milestone products and services.
As a Milestone Employee, YOU are the key to our success. Come join our dynamic international team and be a part of our rapidly growing, successful business.
As part of our 3rd level Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for both daily operations as well as design, documentation and implementation projects. You must therefore balance your time, keeping focus on both. Stable operation is our highest priority but we must also keep developing our IT infrastructure to support an organization that continuously grows and develops new services.
You will be responsible for infrastructure documentation and operation handbooks to your colleagues in Helpdesk and the 24/7 monitoring team. Continuous improvement of procedures and documentation will be part of your daily work. After handover-to-operations you will also be responsible for 3rd level support. In complex scenarios or business incident situations, you will act as hands-on and prevent incidents from recurring by removing the root cause.
You will be in close contact with internal customers in Milestone’s business units. You must eagerly and continuously seek information on how IT can support their business goals and you must explain in non-technical terms how IT can be a business enabler. You will also have close contact to vendors (primarily Microsoft) and make sure that we make the best use of the available technology and expertise.
You will not be part of our 24/7 online duty, but you must be willing to work outside normal work hours when the work to be done impacts users or services.
We are open to new technology that supports our business goals and you must therefore be curious on new technology. It must be natural for you to keep yourself up-to-date and you must be willing to learn by self-study in combination with relevant training internally and externally.
We build our services on a hybrid infrastructure where business critical systems may be build on-premise or in Azure. You must have experience with both kinds of infrastructure and you must advise the business on which solution to choose when implementing new services.
To be successful in this position you must be an experienced Microsoft Infrastructure Specialist with solid skills within:
- Administration of Microsoft SQL server, including Reporting and Analysis Server
- Designing, implementing and managing Microsoft SQL Server systems
- Design and implementation of MS SQL High availability solutions, Microsoft SQL server clustering, Replication, Mirroring, AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Consolidation, maintenance and performance optimization
- System integration
- Knowledge in Powershell
- Strong knowledge of transact SQL (T-SQL)
- Knowledge about cubes in Analysis Server is an advantage plus experience with creating/modifying integration services (SSIS) packages
We expect you to have:
- 5+ years of experience, supporting Microsoft products and technologies
- 2+ years experience with cloud solutions
- Broad understanding of IT infrastructure in general from Datacenter over Network, Backup and Storage to Server and Database Services
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Experience with other Microsoft services preferred, eg. Microsoft Server, Virtualization (Hyper-V), System Center portfolio, Microsoft Office 365, Skype-for-Business, Sharepoint
- Microsoft Certifications corresponding to your level of expertise preferred
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to set the customer in focus whilst keeping the overview
- Has good analytical problem solving capabilities
- An inquisitive outlook, constantly reviewing processes and procedures to become more efficient
- A structured approach with project management, not only for yourself but including others
- Good collaboration skills as you will work closely with suppliers, colleagues in IT and the business units
- A good team player who supports “we” before “me”
What can Milestone offer you?
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored “All Inclusive” program with breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, fruit and beverages, health insurance, massage and company bikes
- Social work environment – active Employee Club, driving events like cooking classes, tasting events, outdoor activities, cultural events, Friday bar and annual Christmas and summer parties
- Work life balance – flexible working hours and 5 extra vacation days
- A fun and invigorating place to work! Working at Milestone is not just a job – it’s a lifestyle!