IT Operations Manager
Zmags is a global SaaS company focusing on delivering cutting edge web content creation and publishing platforms to high end brands across the globe. We help our customers create engaging web content that increases website engagement and drives conversions. We have more than 10 years of experience in delivering online catalog content with Publicator and in 2015 we launched a brand new platform, Creator, which enables customers to easily create and quickly publish immersive, engaging and shoppable content, without any restrictions on target platform, coding or dependencies on technical resources.
We are currently looking for a skilled IT Operations Manager in Copenhagen to manage a global team of DevOps engineers, several cloud based services and all internal IT infrastructure.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be an experienced operations engineer with existing management experience and the ability to focus on management, planning and execution. The right individual will demonstrate a professional approach to IT operation management with focus on multiple key areas, including: security, stability, performance and cost optimization.
We are looking for candidates with:
6+ years of experience with IT operations with primary focus on cloud services and SaaS products.
- 3+ years of experience managing and directing a team. This experience must include direct people management, recruitment, performance evaluation, training etc.
- Solid focus on risk and change management with a goal of guaranteeing service stability, performance and security.
- Expert knowledge and experience with Linux based environments and open source software.
- Experience with cloud services and content delivery networks (CDNs), including AWS and Akamai and a broad knowledge on the services they provide.
- A broad knowledge on IT security and the ability to lead security management for both hosted services and internal IT.
- Experience with incident management, service monitoring and managing 24/7 service coverage.
- Experience with database hosting, maintenance and performance tuning.
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
- The ability to balance time and resources between several critical projects.
- Experience with external and internal audits and external documentation for processes and services.
- An IT related education, preferably a master's degree.
The role - What are we offering you?
As Zmags’ Operations Manager, you will enter the management team in engineering, collaborating with managers of development and quality assurance. Reporting to the VP of Engineering you will be responsible for managing a team of 3 engineers, two in Denmark and one in Boston . You main objective will be to take ownership of all Zmags IT operations and focus on ensuring a stable production environment with a high level of focus on scalability, performance and security. You will be a key driver for improvements on the infrastructure and architecture of our platforms and be expected to keep up with new technology, products and services that could be an advantage to Zmags. The role also includes full responsibility for global internal IT including hardware/software management, security and support.
As the Operations Manager, your daily work will consist of:
- Coordinating with other Engineering management roles to ensure platforms are stable and performing as expected.
- Leading planning efforts for the operations team and ensuring execution on key projects and improvements to systems and services.
- Coordinating and setting expectations for incoming change requests from members of the Engineering team.
- Handle internal IT support requests across all offices.
- Ensure solid documentation of running services and systems.
- Forecasting operating expenses and focusing on cost optimization.
- Ensuring stability of platforms by keeping services up and running with solid monitoring, backup, auto scaling, auto recovery etc.
- Handle team management with focus on team performance and completion of new projects and improvements.
- Actively participating in completing projects and improvements with your team.
- Working actively to document, audit and improve internal systems and processes.
The Operations Manager role at Zmags requires you to be able to coordinate priorities and actions in collaboration with other key parts of the business. You must be able to handle multiple critical events simultaneously and be able to manage competing priorities for scarce resources.
We are offering you a chance to work with a group of talented and dedicated engineers, building state-of-the-art online web application services. At Zmags we expect high standards from each other and we rely on a friendly team environment with a high degree of mutual respect and collaboration.
We will offer you:
- A competitive compensation package matching your qualifications, including a beneficial pension scheme and health insurance.
- A great office space located in the center of Copenhagen, right next to Nørreport Station.
- A fun and energetic working environment with great colleagues and a ton of social activities.
- Computer, mobile phone and internet connection for work and personal use.
- Access to Fitness World and massage therapy.
- A great lunch scheme with access to some of the best food in Torvehallerne plus breakfast options, fruit, soft drinks, coffee and tea freely available in the office.
If you are serious about leading a team in building an operations setup for the future, then you could be the Operations Manager we are looking for.
Apply today or reach out for more information.
Zmags, the shoppable content company, empowers retail marketing and ecommerce professionals to easily create and rapidly publish the engaging shoppable digital experiences that increase user engagement and conversions. The Zmags Creator and Publicator platforms enable these experiences without the need to write a single line of code. Over 1,100 of today’s leading brands, including Marks & Spencer, Laura Ashley, Carrefour, Tesco, New York & Company, Neiman Marcus, Godiva, Ethan Allen, Ralph Lauren and many more, trust Zmags to help them instantly connect with their customers. The company is headquartered in Boston with offices in London and Copenhagen. For more information, please visit http://zmags.com/ and follow the company on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
We’ll skinny this down by one position, I would change and not reference the number or leave vague.