DevOps Engineer for Nets Technology
Nets is transforming how to work with application development and delivery so we can run Agile teams exercising DevOps disciplines. To achieve this, we are building a new function in Nets Technology that is to deliver the processes, tools and platforms enabling DevOps. The function will be organised in a separate unit DevOps Enablement with the scope of automating the processes of build, test, deployment and operations of our own developed applications, with an end-to-end view. In addition to establishing the technical capabilities, the unit will provide necessary support and services for all other units and projects in Nets doing DevOps.
The DevOps Enablement unit will deliver and administrate platforms for version control, quality assurance/ test management, build and deployment automation. Furthermore, the unit will deliver and administrate a Linux server and Docker based Platform as a Service application hosting platform based on OpenShift.
The main technologies in scope are Linux, Git, Java, Maven, Jenkins and Docker. We are also using many of the Atlassian products, such as Confluence, Jira, BitBucket, Crucible and FishEye.
To build our new DevOps function, we are looking for persons who are capable of spanning both the many technologies in scope, but also are capable of working with both development and operational facing processes for applications - to establish the necessary trust in the organisation.
We are seeking 2-3 DevOps engineers located either in Denmark or Norway.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Architecture of platforms and processes to support application development and application management
- Establishment and administration of platforms and tools
- Support new and existing teams and projects of the development organisation in setting up efficient use of the platforms to enable them to work with DevOps disciplines
- Update and maintain relevant documentation, such as system documentation, functional and technical handbooks and interface descriptions
- Give input to and integrate to main IT operation disciplines, such as Change/Release Management, Monitoring/Event Management and Capacity Management
Preferred background and qualifications
- 4 to 8 years of experience with automation of build/deployment of applications
- 4 to 8 years of experience with architecting and administrating application hosting and delivery platforms
- High proficiency in local language and English, both written and spoken
- Software development techniques with focus on non-functional aspects of applications
- Experience with server administration in provisioning, maintaining and configuring platforms
- Experience with disciplines of log management, diagnostics, metrics, capacity management
- Agile development methodology
- Understanding of software development processes
Programing and technical experience
- Java server side development
- Spring application framework / Spring Boot
- HTTP, integration via interfaces in XML/XSD/REST/ASN.1/JSON
- Linux server administration (Red Hat), including SELinux
- Security technologies with experience with cryptographic APIs, TLS, X-509, LDAP, OAuth
- Test driven development (unit test, mocks, integration test), test automation
- Version control and build management - Git/Gerrit/Jenkins
We can offer you
- Competitive salary, pension and insurance schemes
- Challenging tasks that contributes to both professional and personal growth and development
- The opportunity to be part of a company recognised by growth, innovation and development
- A thriving environment characterised by team play and informality
- A variety of activities within sports, culture, and within the social arena
Nets is one of northern Europe’s leading companies for payment solutions, information services and digital security solutions, with one of the most extensive and innovative product portfolios in Europe. Our ambition is to become an even stronger partner to our customers by supporting their business nationally as well as internationally. We want to make the handling of both financial and information assets easier and more secure.
Nets employs over 2,500 people and has its registered office in Copenhagen, as well as competence and commercial centres in Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki and Tallinn.
Find out more about us at www.nets.eu.