Do you believe in infrastructure as code? That repeatable work is something best handed off to your robot underlings? If so, Tradeshift is looking for a DevOps Engineer like you to join us in building our platform of the future.
We work based on an agile value set and try to minimize the formal process footprint - no more than it takes for everyone to remain sane and productive. On the engineering side of things we subscribe to continuous integration with a lot of automated testing, extending to our infrastructure related code. We also fully subscribe to automation of the build and release processes, test/behavior driven development, etc.
We are looking for people with skills in a non-insignificant number of the below areas:
- Deep experience working in Linux based environments
- Terraform or other infrastructure as code
- Puppet, Salt or similar config management systems
- Docker containers and associated orchestration platforms
- AWS services including but not limited to: EC2, S3, Cloudfront, EBS, SQS, etc.
- Datastores such as PostgreSQL, RIAK, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, etc.
- Build pipelines based in Jenkins or other CI system
- Building and deploying Java-based web-applications
- Designing horizontally scalable services
Skills that are not necessary but highly desired:
- Have been in operations role for SaaS based company
- Experience working with security compliance requirements
- Experience with globally distributed platforms
A sample of what you’ll be working on in the first six months:
- Deploying new components and services to production
- Identifying and removing performance bottlenecks throughout the platform
- Improving platform security implementations
- Building and implementing improved monitoring dashboards
- Expanding our platform footprint while managing costs across AWS regions
- Working closely with the rest of engineering to increase reliability and availability
- Improving and enhancing our orchestration tools
Perks & Benefits:
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid mobile phone and at home internet
- Daily lunch and snacks
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- Wellness program including in-house activities like yoga
- Fun company events like happy hours, hackathons, darts night, LAN parties, outings and more