Adventurous DevOps engineer with China launch focus
Tradeshift is looking for an outstanding, experienced and adventurous DevOps engineer to be part of a small, Copenhagen-based China platform launch team. The team will take the lead in launching new deployments of our platform that is ready to support new types of products for the Chinese market, especially in fintech.
The team will work closely together with the product- and operations-teams in China and the DevOps in the Copenhagen office to accelerate the launch of new products and data centers in China.
If you believe that infrastructure is code, that repeatable work is something best handed off to your robot underlings, then Tradeshift may be the place for you. We subscribe to continuous integration and testing, automation of the build and release processes and test/behavior driven development. With our cross-regional focus, we need to take this to the next level.
What you will be doing:
- Help launch a new deployment of our platform in China, together with the teams in China
- Help make the platform and CI/CD pipeline ready for new product launches in China
- You will work closely with the DevOps team in Copenhagen to strenghten the network and enable knowledge exchange between Copenhagen and the teams in China
- You will be based in Copenhagen, but the job will involve frequent travel to China to work with the development teams there, especially during the first 6 months
What we expect from you:
- Good communication skills: To be succesful you need to work together with many engineers across teams and offices
- Strong learner: You will need to pick up the platform and CI/CD pipeline technology stack fast, and learn to understand cloud in China and get to understand cross-regional operations
- An appetite for adventure: Working across countries, be part of kicking off new product areas and operational platforms requires you to think out of the box and solve unforseen challenges as they pop up
- Availability to frequent travel, especially for the first 6 months
What kind of experience we’re looking for:
- Experience with Cloud-based architectures, build- and deployment models
- Deep experience working in Linux based environments
- Python scripting of infrastructure related processes Puppet, terraform or similar config management and orchestration systems
- Familiarity with Docker containers and the Docker ecosystem of management tools AWS or comparable services including but not limited to: EC2, S3, Cloudfront, EBS, SQSDatastores such as PostgreSQL, RIAK, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Build pipelines based in Jenkins or other CI systems
- Building and deploying Java-based web-applications
- Be fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
Culture & Perks:
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid mobile phone and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks cooked in-house daily
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- Wellness program including in-house activities like yoga
- Fun company events like happy hours, hackathons, darts night, LAN parties, outings and more
At Tradeshift, we are changing the way companies do business together by building the world's largest B2B network. We are defining the new standard for a new generation of business software that is connected, collaborative, people centered and the foundation of a growing software- and services ecosystem. We believe that by connecting businesses, people and financial transactions together in digital collaborative processes, we can create new value for every participant out of information that today is sitting stale behind corporate firewalls.