Tradeshift is looking for a outstanding backend developer with a knack for working with data from various sources - relational databases, column stores, etc to join our new Strategic Data Science function.
At Tradeshift, we want to change the way companies do electronic business together - globally. We work hard and our teams have great freedom and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to evolve the product to the next level.
On the Tradeshift platform, we capture quite a lot of data - you might call it the decision graph of companies, and we work hard to make sure we understand what our customers do - to help develop and grow Tradeshift strategically, develop our business, and inform our product development.
You will be working in a team with a Data Analyst, where you will be responsible for adding ETL processes and feed our data warehouse - and add the necessary querying capabilities to support the work of the Data Analyst, and the key stakeholders: our Strategic Projects & Acquisitions team, Network & User Engagement Team, Enterprise Product Development, etc.
What you will be doing:
- Work with analyst and domain specialists to understand transactional data model to be able to implement ETL processes
- Design new and augment existing DW data schemas
- Implement ETL processes - gather and process raw data at scale from diversified sources
- Leverage data to drive significant business impact
- Be absolutely kick-ass at what you do
- 4+ years of professional experience, or working knowledge of black magic
- Be fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
- Know a lot about what's happening in the world of data science, big data, etc.
- Experience with Java development (Spring/Akka)
- Have Node development
- Knowledge of Scala / Akka
- Experience with Postgres (or other big relational data stores)
- Familiar with Cassandra or similar
- Some exposure to AWS or similar cloud hosting paradigms
Culture & Perks:
Tradeshift is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is our people and how we work together. Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
At the center of Tradeshift’s values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best people and create a workplace where they can thrive. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid mobile phone and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks cooked in-house daily
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- Wellness program including in-house activities like yoga
- Fun company events like happy hours, hackathons, darts night, LAN parties, outings and more