Backline Support Manager
Roles & responsibilities
As the Backline Support Manager for EMEA, you have a key role in helping Milestone to achieve its mission goal of delivering great customer and partner experience.
The Backline Support Team must demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the features, technical proficiency, and excellent customer-facing skill sets. As such the Backline Support Manager will monitor and enhance the performance of the team in the areas of productivity and issue resolution, as well as employee satisfaction and development. You will lead, schedule, and coordinate daily work, meetings, and projects relevant to the team’s success.
You will also drive a continuous improvement plan to support operational needs, cost efficiency and improved customer and partner experience with the implementation of innovative initiatives or projects.
As part of an international leadership team, you will operate in a fast-paced dynamic environment united in one common passion – to be the best. With the challenges you will face in this exciting role, there will be plenty of opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
- Lead and develop a team of support engineers, providing complex support and technical account management to EMEA customers and partners
- Ensure the existence and development of a full range of low and high touch support tools and services to cater for different target audiences
- Define strategic initiatives to deliver tangible improvements in customer and partner experience, cost efficiency, and employee satisfaction
- Work with peers globally to ensure good escalation flow, alignment of priorities/strategy/goals, and effective service team best practices
- Set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviours required to achieve those goals
- Maintain individual and team discipline, cohesiveness and morale – make Backline support a great place to work
- Coordinate and conduct 1:1 meetings with individual team members to provide instruction, coaching, and personal development as well as to receive personal feedback
- Set and maintain adherence to daily schedules, approval of vacation time and other scheduled out-of-office time.
Customer partner experience
- Own the Backline customer/partner experience – ensure high customer and partner satisfaction for EMEA and contribute to Global customer and partner experience goals
- Ensure that issues are responded to and followed up with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Contact customers/partners to perform case recoveries if customer and partner experience seems at risk
- Enhance team growth and customer and partner satisfaction by creating a customer-focused culture
- Build strong cooperation with EMEA partners and our commercial teams to secure great joint service to our customers
- International travel and onsite customer visits as needed
- Reduce cost per unit by gaining efficiencies and driving synergies without impacting customer and partner experience
- Own the operational plans and metrics for team to meet targets
- Pull and evaluate team and individual metrics to help quickly spot deviations from business norms and best practices, making necessary corrections
- Report operational performance on a regular basis to Global Support Director
- Drive accurate forecasting for team’s costs and overall budget accuracy
- Assist in defining best practice/standards for Global Support activities
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge on products, technologies, organizations, customers etc. to ensure a complete understanding of the business, both for yourself and all team members
- Ensure that we actively promote and upsell service products to customers
Qualifications and educational requirements
- 8+ years work experience in IT service or relevant industry
- 3+ years proven track record of leading a customer service or technical support team
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to technically assess situations and proactively advise on solutions, approaching opportunities from a business perspective and not solely from a customer service viewpoint
- Must have good general knowledge of Office, Windows, converged communications and networking
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts and implementation
- Experience with process and project management/optimization preferred
- Experience with VMS or security industry preferred
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships remotely and across teams
- Must possess the ability to work independently with minimal management supervision
- High energy & ability to challenge and drive change processes to move our business forward
- Ability to lead projects and motivate others
- Excellent organizational, analytical, planning and problem-solving capabilities
- Gives and receives constructive feedback to strive for continuous self-improvement
- Ready to make tough decisions when needed
Take the next step in your career and become part of our fast growing high-tech company. Submit your application addressing your motivation for this job, and include your CV in English.
For more information, please contact Lucas Rose, Director of Global Support & Sustaining Engineering at +45 25 529 394, or visit our website: www.milestonesys.com.
The future is up to you!