Senior Microstrategy Developer
Are you ready to take responsibility and a big role in making Maersk Lines’ recently launched Microstrategy platform a success? We are looking for a technically talented Developer that also has an eye for design and user experience – could that be you?
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk Line has embarked on a transformation journey, focusing on a long-term strategy to remain best in class in an industry that is increasingly volatile. At the very core of this strategy lies IT. Viewed as a significant enabler of our company strategy, IT is an area where our top management has made and will continue to make increasing investments in.
In Maersk Line IT, we actively engage the business and deliver its needs while undergoing our own transformation. We aim to be a world-class professional IT organization that delivers business value through automation, standardisation, increased forecasting capabilities and proactive handling of the market. These are levers that our leadership rely on to maintain a strong and stable presence in the market.
We further aim to establish one global platform on which we effectively build systems that allow us to differentiate from our competitors in the market. Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees. Limited travel activities expected for this role.
- Deliver userfriendly, effective and attractive reports and dashboards based on user requirements
- Participating in establishment of design templates to make sure a common look and feel is provided
- Work closely with developers and the Product Owner to make sure best solution possible is provided
- Creating prototypes and wireframes together with Business Analysts and business stakeholders to make sure all business requirements are fulfilled before actual implementation is started
- Create guidelines and best practices for Microstrategy Front End development
- Take an active role in key project deliveries
- Support other BI developers with training, input and solutions
Who we are looking for
- Solid Microstrategy knowledge preferably on top of Teradata
- At least 4 years of BI experience
- Experience in mobile application design and development
- Experience in design, development and support of BI applications
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in IT, design or other relevant area
- High level of business understanding
- Self-driven high performer
- Strong process oriented approach to work and excellent attention to detail
- Resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment
- Excellent Written and Verbal skills with people at all levels across the organization in English
Last application date: 30 January 2017. For further information, please contact: Senior IT Manager, BI tools and reporting: Jonas.Edsman@maersk.com.
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.