Senior Teradata Developer
Are you Maersk Line IT’s new self-reliant TD Developer and do you want to be a part of our professional delivery team ensuring high quality BI deliveries? Do you also have at least 3 years of BI experience based on a degree within IT then you should continue reading.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk Line has embarked on a transformation journey, focusing on a long-term strategy to remain best in class in an industry that is increasingly volatile. At the very core of this strategy lies IT. Viewed as a significant enabler of our company strategy, IT is an area where our top management has made and will continue to make increasing investments in.
In Maersk Line IT, we actively engage the business and deliver its needs while undergoing our own transformation. We aim to be a world-class professional IT organization that delivers business value through automation, standardization, increased forecasting capabilities and proactive handling of the market. These are levers that our leadership rely on to maintain a strong and stable presence in the market.
We further aim to establish one global platform on which we effectively build systems that allow us to differentiate from our competitors in the market. Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees. Limited travel activitiy is expected for this interesting role.
- Manage vendor resources and technical discussions
- Develop code to a high standard and specification in accordance with current framework
- Constantly looking for improvements across the development team
- Maintaining documentation relevant for area
- Work closely with other teams to plan/manage monthly run process, improve reporting within the organization and move towards standardization of process
- Support the Run team in data analysis where needed
- Closely working with the Test and Release teams to ensure a stable transition from development to production
Who we are looking for
- Business Intelligence-strong and proven expertise within Teradata domain
- Understanding of ETL
- Config, SVN and deployment experience
- Requirement Analysis
- At least 3 years of BI experience
- IT Experience in design, development and support of BI applications
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree within IT, Software engineering and/or Finance
- Excellent communications skills - Ensure high level of communication with key stakeholders and internal team members
- Collaboration skills
- Ability to multi-task at a high level
Last application date: 30 January 2017. For further information, please contact: Senior IT Manager, BI tools and reporting Jonas.Edsman@maersk.com.
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.