Big Data - Solution Architect
If you are an expert in Big Data and would like to drive improvement in that field at Maersk, apply and engage in conversation with us.Use your skill set in solution architecture, data warehousing and business intelligence in the challenging environment that we offer. Our current environment utilizes Teradata, Informatica, Microstrategy, Cloudera and a number of AA tools.
The job is a senior level position that leverages Big Data, Data Warehouse and Advanced Analytics technical knowledge.
As Big Data – Solution Architect at Maersk Line you will have an amazing opportunity and chance to be a driving force in the progression and implementation of big data solutions within Maersk Line.
You will develop and maintain architectural standards and design patterns for Business Intelligence & Advanced Analytics solutions within Maersk Line to ensure they are build and implemented according to industry best practices and Maersk Line standards.
You will work in a fast-paced international environment with high caliber colleagues.
We invest in your personal and professional development and support you in unfolding your potential.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
The role will involve actively working with projects to improve and communicate architecture and solution design as well as providing key thought leadership in developing our architecture roadmap for Big Data, BI & AA, Cloud.
Develop and maintain architectural standards and design patterns for Big Data Analytics solutions
Actively working with projects to improve and communicate architecture and solution design patterns
Providing key thought leadership in developing our architecture roadmap for Big Data, BI & AA, Cloud (including emerging technologies and architectural styles)
Assessing the market place to identify new/emerging capabilities that will improve our project delivery
Work closely with Projects and Engineering to identify missing/sub standard capabilities, leading to the timely introduction of new features (Architectural Design Patterns, updated Reference Architecture & Principles, Standards and Guidelines)
Identify Hadoop solution components and design patterns
Provide detailed expertise for Hadoop ecosystem technology
Ensure integration of Hadoop ecosystem components with overall enterprise architecture
Provide hands-on guidance, support, and review for the creation of all technical components within the big data analytics space
Who we are looking for
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or similar degree is required. Master degree is preferred
- 10+ years experience with BI & Advanced Analytic solutions in a complex environment
- 5+ Years working as a solution architect with proven track record in implementing complex solutions
- Hands on experience with, knowledge of big data / NoSQL environments – Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, MongoDB, others (ZooKeeper, Sqoop)
- Hands on experience with Python, R etc. and ETL tools e.g. Informatica
- Hands on experience with designing, building, operating, cloud services e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Ability to put together a data technology stack working with Open Source tools & partners, design data services to ingest data for both streaming & batch processing
- Understand business needs/requirements, guide platform selection and architecture design
- Solid understanding of identity management, security, privacy
- Sufficient understanding of predictive analytics, visualization, all types of structured & unstructured data (including time series/sensor/OT, text, video, audio) to guide design towards different consumption patterns
- Strong leadership, communication, engagement, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Must be willing to travel occasionally
Ability to present solutions to the “C” level as well as the technical level
Excellent written and verbal skills in English
Strong process oriented approach to work and excellent attention to detail
Resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision
Working effectively in a team of strong individuals for achieving a shared goal
Thrives in an international environment
Possessing the ability to balance and find compromises between opposing forces and opinions, while ensuring architectural sustainable designs
Last application date: 22 January 2017. For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Monika Chrobak email@example.com.
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.