The Maersk Group is a diversified global conglomerate with activities mainly in shipping and energy industries. It employs roughly 121,000 people, and generated 59 billion US dollars in revenue in 2012.As a Group, its business success is built on a number of strengths: size and global reach, financial strength, talented employees, time-honoured values, approach to sustainability and drive to innovate. Combined, these strengths form a unique platform for the Group’s continued success and future growth.With the ambitions of the different businesses in the Group, there is a need to strengthen the IT infrastructure, as this is a core enabler for future growth and stability. The Group is now taking the next step in professionalising its IT infrastructure services by creating a world-class professional IT shared services organisation that allows its employees across the world to stay connected and do business seamlessly, through efficient and reliable infrastructure. The new organisation will service the entire Group on Infrastructure services and will enable the Group to have consistent and efficient delivery of IT infrastructure services, and an increased ability to accelerate key improvements such as IT security. The Maersk Group is on the lookout for ambitious, accomplished and dedicated IT individuals who are interested in joining in its transformation journey.
An exciting and attractive career is offered in an ambitious and competitive international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte and India.
- Responsible for the technical integrity of and scalability of IT solutions across the enterprise, ensuring each solution is designed and implemented in accordance with enterprise guidelines, standards and best practice
- Works closely with project teams on their solution designs to ensure effective translation of the solution architecture into solutions. A key part of this role is to consult and collaborate with other architects so that solutions are properly defined and coordinated with solutions being developed
- Architecting designing and building solutions to business requirements in accordance to enterprise application and technology roadmaps, principles, standards and guidelines
- Working with delivery teams to develop sustainable and achievable solutions; assisting solution designers/development team in detailed specification of data, service and process requirements
- Contributing to developing, maintaining and publishing principles, standards, guidelines and processes as needed, ensuring alignment with Enterprise Architecture
- Building and maintain a catalogue of architectural decisions
- Identifying, discussing, requesting and logging exceptions to EA principles and standards during the course of solution design and development
- Point of contact for architectural issues in related projects
- Being part of the solution architecture community established across all MLIT verticals and horizontals; keeping up to date with the area of Solution Architecture
Who we are looking for
- A candidate with advanced knowledge/experience and understanding of architecture, products and integration (10 years + )
- Infrastructure Architecture and Technical skills covering Microsoft Public Cloud (Azure), VMWare Private Cloud, Virtualisation, Storage infrastructures, Database platforms (Oracle/MSSQL Server) and Middleware technologies (MQ/Fusion Middleware)
- Cloud/automation scripting experience (PowerShell/ JSON)
- Networks (LAN/WAN/Firewalls/Load Balancers)
- MCSD Azure Solution Architect
- MCSE Server Infrastructure
- Ability to balance and find compromises between opposing forces and opinions
- Big-picture / systems thinking
- Ability to translate between technical language and business language
- Fact based and results-oriented
- Diplomatic, with the ability to act in an often complex business environment
- Ability to work independently with only little guidance
Last application date: 23 January 2017.For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.