Lead IT Support Technician
The Maersk culture is built on heritage, sustained through innovative thinking, and prided for the level of trust it has earned throughout the years. Without our employees, none of this would be possible. At Maersk, every employee is empowered to achieve and surpass their potential, while remaining focused on creating lasting business relationships and long-term, sustainable success. Would you like to be a part of this and contribute to our future success?
An exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Denmark, United Kingdom, USA, Spain and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
The MLIT Operations Delivery Portfolio has over 100 employees across the world. Created about 3 years ago to support the liner shipping “operations” function, we are in close contact with our business counterparts to improve the way we operate our vessels and transport millions of containers worldwide each year.
Vessel IT is a dedicated and highly competent organisation with a strong focus on providing second to none IT services to the Maersk Line vessels and shore support functions.
The Lead IT Support Technician performs remote and onsite IT Support, and maintenance of the IT platforms, for 250 vessels in the Maersk Line fleet.
The support and maintenance areas cover desktops, servers, router/firewall, satellite communication and critical vessel applications. Maintenance, and updates, to the standardised work procedures is expected, and that technical input and recommendations will be provided to projects teams.
- Provide support to end users for IT related issues and maintain IT platforms on the vessels
- Maintain and support virtualization (Hyper-V)
- Identify and recommend computer technological improvements, which may enhance the information systems on the vessels
- Active Directory and Group policy management and support
- Provide and maintain a secure operating environment (anti-virus software and policies)
- Provide on call support, on a rotating basis once every 4 weeks, for critical incidents outside of normal business hours and emergency situations as part of Business Continuity Plan requirements
- Maintain and develop Standard Operating Procedures
- ITSM processes like change management and problem management
Who we are looking for
- 5+ years’ experience in MS Windows environment, LAN/WAN network infrastructure, Microsoft Client and Server Operating Systems (Win7/WinXP/2012 Server), DNS, Active Directory and TCP/IP
- Experience with Server Virtualization (Hyper-V)
- A solid understanding of basic networking technologies and concepts (WAN, LAN, vLAN etc.)
- Experience with Firewalls and Routers is preferred
- MCSA or MCSE preferred
- Customer service skills
- Experience with ITSM tools (ServiceNow preferred)
- Friendly, open and service focused
- Excellent communication skills in English (both oral and written)
- Ability to cooperate and collaborate with other teams/vendors (internal & external) both as part of the service provided to the vessels and projects
- Good problem solving abilities
- Goal orientated, driving tasks to completion
- Proactive and able to work under minimal supervision
- A strong team player
- Focused on quality and continual improvement
- Willing to travel for on-site support. Sailing with a vessel may be necessary in very exceptional circumstances
Last application date: 23 January 2017. For further information, please contact: IT Manager, Vessel IT: Robert.Fouchier@maersk.com.
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.