Solution Architect for the Offshore and Assets team
Do you have a technical mindset and extensive Solution Delivery experience? And do you want to work with advanced technologies for the Internet of things?
Then this opportunity may be the right one for you.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly International atmosphere with activities in Denmark, United Kingdom, USA, Spain and India.
The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees. The MLIT Operations vertical currently has over 80 employees across the world, with most of our team concentrated in Copenhagen and Algeciras in Spain.
Created about 3 years ago to support the liner shipping operations business function, we are in close contact with our business counterparts to improve the way we operate our vessels and transport millions of containers worldwide each year. As a solution architect you are at the center of defining new solutions to identified business requirements.
- Participation in the end to end solution process design together with business team
- Documentation and design of interfaces between key systems within the solution and review of designs from relevant project teams
- Assessing existing and design future application landscape within the area
- Gathering functional & technical requirements for solution and system interfaces, advising on trade-offs prior to final solution specification
- Providing recommendations to the business on solutions, taking into account any cross-functional impact
- Reviewing and approving UAT scenarios and training materials
- Reviewing testing approach and materials to ensure business requirements are met
- Reviewing training activities in connection with application roll-out
- Interaction with infrastructure teams to size platform and support provisioning of hosting/hardware
Who we are looking for
In this role you will need to build and maintain good working relationship with both internal and external stakeholders like Project Management and Operations departments and therefore excellent communication skills, flexibility and capacity to handle changes as well as analytical and problem solving skills are key requirements.
As a perfect candidate you are expected to be a result driven self-starter with persistence and consistency towards the solution of challenges, with strong customer service focus and ability to work under pressure.
As the corporate language is English, we expect you to be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or similar degree (Engineering) is required. Master degree is preferred
- You have an excellent understanding of various technical areas like communication technology, sensors and mobile applications
- 7 to 10 years’ experience from a similar role in a complex environment
- Proven track record in implementing complex solutions
- Ability to bridge technology with commercial
- Understand business needs/requirements, guide platform selection and architecture design
- Strong leader and communication skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Must be willing to travel occasionally
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.