Technical Analyst - Ship Manager Program
Are you ready to join Maersk Line IT and become accountable for managing the technical architecture, analysing functional and none-functional requirements and delivering solutions to the business? Well if yes then you should continue reading.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Denmark, United Kingdom, USA, Spain and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
The Maersk culture is built on heritage, sustained through innovative thinking, and prided for the level of trust it has earned throughout the years. Without our employees, none of this would be possible. At Maersk, every employee is empowered to achieve and surpass their potential, while remaining focused on creating lasting business relationships and long-term, sustainable success.
The MLIT Operations Delivery Portfolio has over 110 employees across the world. Created about 3 years ago to support the liner shipping “operations” function, we are in close contact with our business counterparts to improve the way we operate our vessels and transport millions of containers worldwide each year.
The Ship Manager IT team is 14 dedicated and highly competent people, which has a strong focus on deliveries, value creation and team spirit. The team is responsible for continuous improvements to the newly implemented Ship Manager system on all Maersk Line ships. The Ship Manager application is a worldwide off the shelf solution where Maersk Line IT has engaged in a strategic partnership with the software vendor for future development of the solution.
- Assessing and translating new business requirements into functional or technical requirements
- Satisfies the requirements by managing all delivery activities, including planning, execution, quality assessment, risk mitigation and issue resolution
- Coordinate and communicate requirements towards software vendor and engaging in the strategic partnership to improve the off the shelf system
- Improve and ensure full collaboration between IT and the wider business
- Focused on supporting the lifecycle of the systems and associated infrastructure
- Reviewing and approving UAT scenarios
- Supporting the project and the business with test environments
- Release planning and coordination of deployment
- Coordinating the effort of decommissioning old applications and follow-up with stakeholders in both MLIT and business
- Support the business in ad-hoc data analysis and clean-up
Who we are looking for
An analytical candidate with technical flair and understanding of IT systems. We expect you to be a keen and resilient team player with an excellent attention to details and with a very strong process oriented approach to the daily work tasks. You have prior in your career demonstrated a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision. Your sense of quality and ability to prioritize is well proven and affects your deliveries.
- Experienced in SW application development processes
- Ability to understand high complex business areas
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills towards people at all levels across the organisation in English
- Agile Development experience
- Experienced in writing user stories is an advantage
- Experienced in process analysis and design is an advantage
- PRINCE2 Foundation certificate would be a benefit
- Experience with Active Directory
- Database setups
- Client-server environment
- Experience with Citrix or other remote access environments
- Experience with SAP is an advantage
Last application date: 16 January 2017. For further information, please contact: Senior Project Manager, Ship Management: email@example.com.
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.