Developers for Alternative Investment
Do you have what it takes to implement financial software using both object-oriented and functional programming languages? Then perhaps an interesting career is awaiting you in SimCorp.
Alternative Investments is a core focus area for SimCorp, and we are currently expanding our development and test capacity in this area. The expectation is to launch several new solutions over the coming years, which will enable our clients to handle their alternative investments inside our product SimCorp Dimension. Sounds interesting? Then come join the biggest FinTech company in Denmark!
The role as developer
Our development division is a full-scale agile organisation following SAFe. You will be part of a team of developers, business experts, and testers. The team is responsible for delivering functionality within the Alternative Investment area. The respective code is based on APL and C#. You will be involved in all parts of the development process including planning, design, development, test and maintenance. Moreover, we trust you to:
- Develop core functionality to support the Alternative Investment module.
- Maintain the existing code base.
- Work as part of your scrum team to reach the definition of done with each sprint.
- Constantly learn and improve yourself, the team and our product.
You will get a diverse working day, participating in all stages of the development lifecycle, including creation and review of user stories, development, design, coding, code reviews, writing unit tests, and support. Hence you will interact with testers, system architects, product owners and other teams to ensure delivery of sound solutions.
For you to thrive and succeed in this role, you preferably possess the following professional skills:
- Programming experience with different development languages and environments, e.g. Dyalog APL, C, C++, or C#.
- Ability to work with and develop complex architecture, frontend and backend.
- Knowledge about the financial industry is an advantage.
- An educational background as a data scientist or a master's degree/Ph.D. in computer sciences, engineering, physics, mathematics, natural sciences or documented similar achievements.
- Experience with agile development and scrum techniques would be beneficial.
You see yourself as a person with:
- A strong sense of quality, ability to work to deadlines, attention to detail, and taking ownership of delivering a sound solution.
- Curiosity, ability and willingness to apply broad knowledge in different areas and constantly learn new things, such as specific business domain knowledge or new programming language.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and fluency in English (spoken and written).
An interesting and challenging position in a Danish but internationally oriented company with an exciting professional environment. SimCorp is a dynamic organization characterized by an open and direct atmosphere, great opportunities concerning professional and personal development, and a good social environment with many activities after work.
As a new employee, you will, in addition to being assigned a buddy, be enrolled in a comprehensive introduction program and attend 'SimCorp Academy', where you will be introduced to our product SimCorp Dimension.
Please send us your application as soon as possible or latest by January 30, 2017. We will process incoming applications continually.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Lene Hays Thøgersen on +45 35 44 88 00.