Do you want to work with Business Analysts to translate the functional requirements into specific solutions to provide changes in application functionality? If yes then this position might be relevant for you.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
- Performing in depth analyses on new requirements, changes to the solution and connections to other systems in the IT landscape
- Aid the Business in understanding the impact of their change requests and guide the vendors in implementing the said changes
- Creating technical specifications and processes, using structured analysis and data modelling techniques
- Partnering with architects & Business analysts to design system functionality and quality attributes
- Assisting technical groups in revising logic for performance efficiency
- Implementing and leveraging automation to decrease overall system deployment and support cycle time
- Participating in system and user acceptance testing efforts
- Collaborating with project teams to manage system interdependencies
- Assisting in post implementation support and system enhancements
- Performing technical design based on requirements, changes etc.
Who we are looking for
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience within IT
- Ability to communicate your ideas and concepts clearly with nontechnical staff
- Ability to provide well founded Project Effort Estimates
- Knowledge in XML, XSD and SQL
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business requirements
- Experience with Requirement Management and Analysis
- Ability to partner with software engineers and testers to identify courses of resolutions
- Ability to link business processes with IT solutions
- Experience with creating compelling Business Cases
- Excellent task management and prioritization skills
- Previous positions such as IT Analyst or Developer is a plus
Familiar with (not mandatory):
- Play 1.2
- Spring integration
- Team player
- Strong facilitation and people skills
- Proactive and results-oriented
- Diplomatic, with the ability to act in an often complex business environment
- Structured multitasking
- Positive attitude
- Works well under pressure
- Highly motivated
Last application date: 16 January 2017. For further information, please contact: Project Manager, GMS: Edin.Alisic@maersk.com.
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.