BackEnd Game Developer
About the Job
Would you like the opportunity to touch the lives of millions of kids worldwide? To contribute to the development of one of the most successful social networks for kids on the planet?
At MovieStarPlanet you will get a unique opportunity to:
- Use your creative mind-set to develop new, engaging features for our kids
- Work with high-end technology to improve the user´s experience
- Work with diverse, creative colleagues and become part of a comitted cross-disciplinary team
Develop new highly scalable features
As BackEnd Game Developer you will get to develop software for new features in order to enhance and improve our games, always with a high focus on scalability.
You will either be building a backend multiplayer game engine in Java, or Restful WebServices with C#. Examples of backend feature ares could be multiplayer mini-games, leaderboards, or sharing of User Generated Content.
You will be part of a cross-disciplinary team, working with the best and utilizing strengths and complimenting each other to the fullest.
- You hold a M.Sc. in Computer Science or similar degree within software development
- At least 3 years of development experience
- Experience working with C# and the .NET framework
- Experience working with Multithreaded Java backend development and Linux servers
- Experience with MicroServices
- Knowledge of estimating network loads and strategies to improve reliability
- Applied knowledge of design patterns
- Experience collaborating in a SCRUM environment with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with test-driven development
- Experience with automated build systems such as TeamCity, Ant or equivalent
- Your English skills are excellent - verbally and in writing
Nice to have:
- Experience working on large scale web applications
- Applied knowledge of Network monitoring tools
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Smartfox extension development
You have strong analytical skills and are motivated by the technical and practical challenges of building a scalable backend to serve millions of users.
You like learning and have the ability to acquire new knowledge quickly. You are a dedicated team player and willing to lead the way and take initiatives in adapting to new software and new technology.
Your communication skills are excellent and you thrive working both independently and in a team. Finally, you function great with agile methodologies.
You bring in new competencies, knowledge and experience, and contribute to the growth of our team.
MovieStarPlanet ApS is the company behind the games and social networks for kids aged 8-13 years - MovieStarPlanet, BooniePlanet and RoboBlastPlanet. In the virtual worlds each user designs their own MovieStar avatar, Robot and Boonie, which are used to play the games, engage and have fun with other friends. In the games there is a wide spread of options to dress-up, chat with friends, design looks, making movies and scrapbooks, design clothes, building robots and play mini games.
Launched in Denmark in 2009, MovieStarPlanet ApS has since experienced explosive growth. Currently, the games are live in 16 countries across 11 European markets as well as the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Globally we rank among the most popular virtual worlds for the target group with more than 300 million registered profiles.
MovieStarPlanet ApS employs around 150 staff at the Headquarter based in the attractive surroundings of the new and modern part of Copenhagen called Ørestad, located very close to the city center and the metro line. Corporate language is English.
Why Work With Us?
Touch the lives of millions of kids every day. You will get to be part of a fast growing company, producing one of the most popular games/social networks in the world for kids. Your colleagues are highly qualified, creative and friendly people. We are very ambitious and strive to connect kids in the best social network by developing and supporting the world´s most inspiring social network for kids by delivering safe digital entertainment for fun, creativity and sharing. We believe in learning by doing and taking ownership of tasks and projects so you will be given a lot of freedom and responsibility from day one!
MovieStarPlanet has around 30 nationalities working with us, which provides a vibrant atmosphere. We value diversity and believe this contributes to a greater variety of viewpoints, a broader range of individual talents and professional experience. Passion for people and the products makes us an inspiring, fun, casual and challenging place to work and creates an environment where ideas can flourish.
‘Social’ is both what we do and who we are – so every week there is always a social event going on ranging from Friday bars to casual game nights to running clubs. We have a canteen in the building so lunch is served just downstairs and we offer free fruit and healthy snacks on a daily basis. For our future foreign colleagues it could be interesting to know that we offer 5 weeks of vacation for all nationalities (paid when earned), free child 1st sick day and the right to take up to 52 weeks of combined parental leave.
So if you want to work with passionate colleagues who care for kids and work hard every day to give them the best platform to have fun with their friends then MovieStarPlanet is the right place for you.
How to Apply
Please apply for this position online by clicking the "Apply online" button below. Your application should contain the following:
- A cover letter – including a short description of your educational background, working experience and why you are motivated to work at MovieStarPlanet
- Your CV and exam results
Application deadline is as soon as possible. We will be holding interviews at the earliest convience.