Are you ready to take the next step in your IT Project Management career?
Take this opportunity to work with the best and to use and develop your Project Management skill-set. Take this challenge and join our exciting, international environment.
You will be joining a top company in the industry with the ambition of further strengthening its leading position and creating growth for the company. The continuous strategy is to be the best in what we do and to operate in a safety-aware manner with an agile and dynamic mindset. Our success is good people and a collaborative culture!
You will have a challenging and exciting opportunity to work in a truly international environment. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a diverse organisation with many future career opportunities.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for management support of an IT project in a complex transformation programme with high degree of interdependency with other projects inside programme to deliver it with quality, on time and within budget.
The role focuses on project delivery responsibilities and will involve people management in a near future. It will involve leading sizeable global virtual team (both internal and vendor resources) with an extended stakeholder map.
Role will require 30-40 travel days in a year.
- Has a responsibility of delivering IT project with multiple work streams including project plan, scope, cost, work schedule, design and build, and contractual deliverables
- Provides estimation: Carries out detailed requirements analysis and sizing by the project team
- Manages multiple workstreams, sub-projects and project resources including subcontractors
- Takes care of planning and plan management (tracking and reporting), risk, issues and dependency management
- Is responsible for budget management and resource planning
- Plans and executes workshops with varied audience from business and IT to design processes, define requirements, or validate solutions
- Establishes and manages effective communications with the business sponsor
- Ensures delivery to the project plan and budget
- Provides an input to full project reporting
- Owns methodologies all the way to deployment
- Manages a large global multi discipline and multi-function team
- Plans, organises, motivates, and controls resources and procedures to achieve specific goals supporting the business strategy.
Who we are looking for
- Typically 5-7 years of experience in multiple IT areas and 2-5 years of relevant project management experience
- Experience in project management (plan, risk, issues, change, budget, resources, etc.)
- Some people management experience
- Experience in managing complex stakeholders maps
- Planning experience and estimation
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Exposure to project lifecycle
- Good prioritization skills
- Good facilitator; leading meetings or workshops
- In-depth understanding of iterative software development methodologies
- Experience with waterfall and agile methodologies
- Strong communication and advisory skills
- Strong interpersonal skills/personal impact
- Works independently, with guidance in only the complex situations.
- Solves challenges based on accurate identification of underlying factors/causes and is aware of the impact of proposed solutions outside their own immediate area
- Highly motivated
- Works well under pressure and can navigate uncertainty
Last application date: 31 January 2017. For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Monika Chrobak firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.