We are looking for a skilled Technical Manager with the appropriate skills to handle a broad range of tasks, especially with Simplification projects coming in to the commercial domain increasing this need. In addition, Technical Manager will provide cover for the Application Managers on the technical systems when required. The role requires proactive approach to your daily tasks.Apply and utilize not only your strong technical skill-set but also your strong communication and stakeholder management abilities.
An exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
You will be part of a truly international company with our employees representing +30 nationalities. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times and we believe that our employees thrive and perform better with a healthy work-life balance.
At A.P. Moller - Maersk we focus on the individual’s development and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterised by change and continuous progress.
- Performing technical reviews of key systems in the IT landscape
- Review needed upgrades of software within domain and carry out upgrade projects on systems
- Together with application managers, MGIS teams and architects following the application lifecycle plan
- Review performance problems and assist app managers in solving these through improvement efforts or capacity upgrades
- Carry out capacity reviews on applications and services within domain in collaboration with the capacity management team
- Review documentation for systems and new releases
- Act as a gatekeeper of quality code getting into production and make sure all testing, documentation and support is ready for go-live
- Review test reports and impact assessments with application managers
- Drive technical projects on systems together with our vendors and application managers
- Support application managers handling incidents and provide cover in periods
- Drive continuous improvements to improve stability and performance of systems
- Working with many stakeholders and get the needed agreements to progress solutions
- Being part of a team dedicated to improve the customer experience for our end users
- Work with global teams to solve issues and progress projects
- Work with the application managers and the Delivery manager on key projects
- Carry out governance on applications in accordance with Delivery Manager directions
- Work with application managers on improving the system monitoring in place
- Support the application managers in planning technical deployments
Who we are looking for
- IT/Computer science degree
- Min. 3 year experience working with large systems and technical projects
- Experience working with Oracle DBs, application servers & middleware components
- Knowledge of shipping/logistics is preferred
- Proactive and results oriented
Problem solving mindset
- Vendor management
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Structured and attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in an intensive environment with many stakeholders
- Experience working with application maintenance
- Preferred ITIL certification
Last application date: 15 January 2017.For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Monika Chrobak firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.