Delivery Assurance Lead
This role is for a Project Assurance Lead to work with projects within IT/IS and Business domains in a project assurance role. You will be responsible for supporting the deployment, support, assurance and overall effectiveness of the project management process over the portfolio of projects involving Business and MLIT.You will manage a portfolio of projects and be responsible for providing the assurance activities to support their successful delivery through the use of the approved project delivery processes and for providing assurance reports to management.Successful candidates need to bring the right level of maturity, judgement and insight to best leverage and assist development of our project delivery processes whilst providing core assurance and support that projects are able to use the process consistently and effectively.
You will be part of a truly international company with our employees representing 65 nationalities. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times and we believe that our employees thrive and perform better with a healthy work-life balance.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in a truly global environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
- You will work with project managers, IT staff and Business staff to provide guidance, training and coaching in the use of the Project Management process.
- You will also work key project stakeholder groups across Maersk Line to assure their contribution to project success.
- You will establish relationships with senior stakeholders to report on the confidence of successful delivery.
- You will monitor and review the health of projects to provide independent assurance to the management stakeholders reporting on strengths and areas for action.
- You will work with Delivery Assurance colleagues to manage an assurance plan.
- You will be involved in establishing and managing the approach to assuring that projects are able to use the process effectively; comply with the defined process; prepare for project stage gate reviews; and capture and report metrics on process use and maturity.
Who we are looking for
You have approximately 10+ years’ experience in project management, IT project development and project assurance. You may have a project management qualification such as Prince 2, MSP, APM, PMI PMP.
You have experience of undertaking project assurance reviews and working with project staff to ensure the process is understand, fit-for-purpose and effective in supporting project delivery.
Experience in any of the following is desirable:
- CMMI-based process improvement
- Process Quality Assurance
- Project Management Office (PMO) processes
- Experience across the IT/SDLC development lifecycle in requirements, design, build, test and service introduction
- Business analysis including – business requirements, business process design, business case, benefits management
- Quality Management
- Agile development and use of Scrum
- Project risk management
Fluency in written and spoken English is a must. Danish is not required.
We are looking for people who are passionate about improving our capability to deliver projects; who are intent on raising the quality of our product and services; who are focused on leading and sharing good practice; and who are innovative in how they can help us build a world-class assurance function.
Last application date: 15 January 2017.For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Monika Chrobak firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.