Microsoft SQL server DBA
FOSS IT is growing and we are now looking for a Microsoft SQL server DBA in our Service Delivery team.
The Service Delivery team’s main focus is to run all basic IT infrastructure in Foss. We are operating 350 Servers, most of them hosted off-site. Among supported applications are Sharepoint, SQL, Exchange, SAP, Skype for Business, Office 365 and many others.
As Database Administrator you are able to ensure optimal use of our databases and a stable and efficient operation of Windows-based platform. You will also act as backup for the company's other Database Administrators on MS SQL Server. You will also be involved in the operation of the underlying operating systems.
- Database maintenance, planning and deployment
- Incident and problem management
- Support and advisory to Foss's development
- Performance analysis and query optimizations
- Advanced database server troubleshooting
In addition to your daily work in the team, you will have to participate in a standby where it is expected that you are periodically available for system critical situations.
- Experience as a Database Administrator on MS SQL Server "always on databases"
- Experience in database and query troubleshooting database cluster environment
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014/2016
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 - 2012R2
- Ensure an efficient communication with users and stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Used to – via dialog – finding the right solution in cooperation with stakeholders from Line of Business
- Work independently and structured
Knowledge of No-SQL databases and Linux-based operating systems would be an advantage in the job.
- Team player with a proactive mind-set
- You have a positive and creative way of approaching challenges and you want to contribute to a good working environment together with your colleagues and customers
- Fluent in oral and written English. Knowledge of the Scandinavian languages is an advantage.
- Danish work permit is a requirement for this job
As a person you are able to work independently and thrive to immerse yourself in your work. Since you will need to handle large amounts of data, it is important that you work systematically, and are able to keep track of a busy life. It is natural for you to work result-oriented, and you take pride in complying project deadlines.
You have a higher technical education and minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position.
We offer a challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is a world leader in its field. You will work together with highly skilled colleagues in strong teams and cross-functional projects. Primary work place is Hillerød, Denmark.
Send your application using the link below. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Michael Hartmann, IT Operations Manager, FOSS IT +45 27 61 69 89 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we only accept applications sent via the link below.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age, or religion.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,400 highly qualified employees worldwide.