This position is perfect for you if you are a skilled and independent project coordinator with strong problem solving skills and outspending communication skills.
Also if you would like to be challenged every day and be part of a complex global environment.
And if you aspire to evolve into Project Manager in the future and you would like to learn from the best.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
You will be joining a top company in the industry with the ambition of further strengthening its leading position and creating growth for the company. The continuous strategy is to be the best in what we do and to operate in a safety-aware manner with an agile and dynamic mindset. Our success is good people and a collaborative culture!
You will have a challenging and exciting opportunity to work in a truly international environment. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a diverse organisation with many future career opportunities.
The main areas of responsibility of the project coordinator are:
- Supporting the team with the management and administration of multiple, complex global IT projects
- Ensuring the project governance model is adhered to by all project managers and that project controls are managed appropriately
- Maintaining key release documentation throughout the release lifecycle
- Ensuring effective project / programme communication
- Maintaining the team SharePoint site
The tasks include:
- Providing effective project control governance. Performing regular health checks, implementing remedial actions where necessary
- Ensuring timely escalation of recurring issues to management
- Tracking programme, project and financial controls
- Providing effective, regular and appropriate communication to all stakeholders
- Creating and administering SharePoint sites
- Assisting with release presentations, dashboards, workshops, reports, data analysis and the capture and documentation of client requirements
- Proactively establishing influential, positive partnerships with key contact groups
- Establishing effective communication channels to facilitate information gathering
- Some travel may be required, primarily to UK and India
Who we are looking for
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in a high pressure programme / project management office
- At least 1 years’ experience of working within a complex enterprise organisation (global exposure preferred, but not essential)
- Used to working with a variety of differing stakeholders at all organisational levels
- Highly competent in the use of standard project management tools and methodologies
- Competent in SharePoint 2010 administration, including but not limited to: page content and list administration, version control and diagnostic capability
- Working knowledge of Prince2 will be an asset
- Competent in data analysis
- Expert in the use of MS Office apps, including MS Project, MS Excel and MS Visio
- Exposure to ITIL v3
- Self-starter, comfortable with going out and getting information without relying upon others
- Happy with working to challenging deadlines whilst managing multiple activities
- Flexible, comfortable with ambiguity and working to changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; detail focused
- Excellent critical reasoning and problem solving skills. Able to effectively investigate, gather and summarise information
- Customer focused
- Strong communication skills & ability to engage a variety stakeholders in different roles at all organisation levels
Last application date: 15 January 2017. For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner Monika Chrobak email@example.com.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
Maersk Group has five core businesses which include Maersk Line, APM Terminals, Maersk Oil and Maersk Drilling and Services and Other Shipping. Through these companies and several others, the Group employs roughly 89,000 people and generated 47 billion US dollars in revenue in 2013. When the Global Service Centres (GSC) was established in 1999, the main focus was to provide off shoring opportunities and solutions to the shipping and logistics business units of the Maersk Group, particularly for Maersk Line. But as the GSCs’ competencies grew, other business units of the Group also started migrating their processes to the Global Service Centres. The GSCs are located in Manila, Philippines; Chengdu, China; and Pune, Chennai, Mumbai in India handling the service delivery and business relationship management for Maersk Group business units.