Business Intelligence Developer
Do you have a keen interest in helping the business do what it does better, while building the basic foundation to do even better tomorrow? We guarantee a challenging role in an inspiring and dedicated work environment with focus on a world class Business Intelligence Service.
As a Business Intelligence Developer you will be part of the Business Intelligence Team and you will be responsible for delivering Business Intelligence (BI) for value adding analysis and reporting to the Board of Directors, the daily management as well as tactical day-to-day decision making. Furthermore, you will take lead for hands-on BI development in close collaboration with your colleagues. In the present setup we act as single point of entry and are responsible for the whole BI lifecycle.
For TORM to be the leader of product tankers companies the BI strategy is to lift the business services to support statistical modelling, predictive analysis, and data mining with R. The platform is Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and will be upgraded to Microsoft SQL Server 2016 when available. The frontend tools used in TORM are Excel, SSRS and Power BI.
The work tasks will be
- Business support through continuous optimization and design, development, and deployment of Data warehouse, ETL, cubes and reports
- Technical responsible for internal BI systems, including documentation, development and hosting of same
- Deliver ongoing advisory and support as well as ad hoc training in how the BI applications work – securing an optimal utilization of the BI platform
- Conduct analysis of business demands with subsequent design, development and maintenance of data warehouse and BI solutions
- Participate in projects regarding business development and optimization
- Be the driving force to implement and secure the predictive analytic mindset in the business
- SSIS ETL: 3 years or more
- SSAS (Tabular and multidimensional) and SSRS: 2-3 years
- T-SQL development: 5 years
- Agile development: 1 year
- Datawarehouse design and development: 4-5 years
- Excellent understanding of dimensional modeling as well traditional database modeling.
- Worked with source control system like SVN/GitHub/TFS in a team
- A relevant bachelor or master degree
- You will be the expert of your own projects, so respect for deadlines and excellent communication skills are necessary
- You have a constant drive to improve yourself, and understand that great results are the results of hard work and team play
- You are fluent in both oral and written English
We offer a contract on local Danish terms, a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including bonus, pension, and health insurance.
For further information about the position, please contact Business Intelligence Manager, Kenneth Ylänen on telephone (+45) 2437 9845 or mail email@example.com or HR Manager, Carina Cappelen on telephone (+45) 3917 9384.
Please submit your application and CV via the "Apply here" function. as soon as possible and no later than 25 January 2017. Applications are evaluated continuously and interviews will take place as soon as possible. Your application will be treated with confidence and our reply will be send to the email address from which you submitted your application.
The people of TORM are our real asset and we believe in ensuring the best possible working environment, both at sea and ashore. In TORM, we enjoy working together in a professional, international and informal working atmosphere. We pride ourselves in providing an environment that encourages professional and personal development and gives room for ambitions. The people of TORM are different nationalities, ages and gender, and TORM support equal rights for all employees.
TORM is one of the world’s leading carriers of refined oil. The Company runs a fleet of approximately 80 vessels. TORM was founded in 1889. The Company conducts business worldwide and is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. TORM’s shares are listed on NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen. For further information, please visit www.torm.com