Network savvy Automation Engineer
Join Milestones agile Linux team and be the team-guru in regards of Automation.
With employees in Copenhagen and Silicon Valley Incubation’s mission is to cultivate, incubate and accelerate new game changing businesses in video surveillance. Our goal is to become the category market leader within cloud, IOT and embedded software solutions.
The Linux team is currently on a journey of transforming our VMS services into cloud-based services. We are building customer solutions based on cloud services and integrations to edge devices. This is a unique opportunity for you to join a team with great ambitions and the freedom to choose new directions to achieve our goals.
Good understanding of protocols, network and IT security involved in internet based applications
Being part of a cross-functional team, you will interact closely with your fellow team members as well as coordinate with the rest of the organization on cross-team dependencies and issues outside the team domain. By interacting broadly throughout the organization, you add a lot of value smoothening integration, ensuring continued operation of our products as well as keeping good and collaborative relationships with the rest of the organization.
A glimpse of your everyday include:
- Ensuring focus on automation and testability
- Assuring quality and security at network level
- Developing automated tests for new functionality as well as extending the existing tests
- Designing, building and enhancing test systems to meet our needs
- Performing manual testing where no automatic testing is achievable cost effectively
- Actively contributing with best practices to enhance the team performance
- Troubleshooting at IP level to identify root cause of problems with team
- Effectively responding to customer/partner input and support with workarounds or fixes
A driving force with a collaborative mindset and solid experience with automated software test
We are looking for a skilled Automation Engineer who has a broad knowledge of software technology and a collaborative mindset.
You are open, outgoing with a supportive attitude, and you enjoy the interaction with colleagues, partners and end-customers. You will be a vital part of creating, extending and maintaining our Linux-based products as well as secure our ability to quickly deploy new functionality and value to our customers
The team is working using agile methodologies and SCRUM so being a team player and adaptive to change is key in this role. Other desirable competencies and strengths are:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Software Development
- Solid experience with automated software test
- Solid experience with Scrum, preferably as scrum master
- Software programming experience in scripting languages
- Professional experience with multiplatform product development and Linux
- Knowledge of the following tools and technologies will be an advantage: Linux, Jenkins, Bash, GNU Make, Wireshark, Fiddler, Selenium, Web technologies
As a person, you are punctual according to the documentation of your work and have a professional working proficiency in English as well as strong communication skills.
Join the movement, be a game changer
We look forward to receive and read your application and CV in English. Do not hesitate as we will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis and hire the right person, when we find you.
If you want to know more about our company or the job, please visit our website www.milestonesys.com or contact Technology Director, Incubation & Ventures, Søren E. Jensen at +45 29 65 65 85.