Software Development Project Manager
Are you looking for a challenging job managing software development projects in water environments?
DHI is looking for a project manager to be part of an organisation delivering software to support DHI’s business and strategy. You will lead smaller software projects from vision through analysis, development, test and deployment, or you will be assisting an experienced project manager on a larger software project.
You will assist the project management unit with portfolio and resource management, contribute to the continued improvement of our project model and help ensuring, that the department can deliver state of the art software solutions with focus on business strategy and agility.
You will be located in our head office in Hørsholm, Denmark, where you will be part of a software team of 30 colleagues, but you will work in a global organisation with additional 40 colleagues located in our development centres, and work with project teams distributed across different locations and nationalities. You must be fluent in English and able to clearly document and communicate status and risk, while balancing budget, scope and key stakeholder expectations.
Responsibilities and challenges
You will have responsibility for the project team, process and the deliveries. You will manage tasks, time and reporting for the project team. You will ensure the project follows the defined processes and adheres to our ISO certification. This further includes that you must:
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and use-cases by involving all relevant stakeholders while aligning with strategy and roadmaps
- Continuously track progress and report status to relevant stakeholders
- Assess and mitigate project risks
- Manage both internal and external stakeholders
- Manage changes to scope, schedule and costs
- Participate in the portfolio and resource management within the department
- Participate in further developing the principles for good project management and methodology improvements within the department
- You have an academic background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering
- You have 3-5 years of experience in a software development role and experience with software project management
- You have interest in software architecture and technology
- Having a project management certification will be an advantage
- You have focus on process and attention to detail
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You are fluent in English both verbal and written
- A basic knowledge in Danish is an advantage
- You are curious about understanding the business i.e. challenges in water environment
We offer a challenging job in an informal and international working environment, a great opportunity to utilise, shape and expand your skills and expertise, and a continued career development opportunity.
Hørsholm, Denmark – 25 km north of Copenhagen.
Please submit your application including CV via the "Apply online" button below.
Deadline for application: April 1, 2017. Applications are evaluated on an ongoing basis.
If you need further information, please feel free to contact Gunvor Tychsen Philip (firstname.lastname@example.org) Head of Unit – Project, Portfolio & Resource Management.
About MIKE Powered by DHI
MIKE Powered by DHI is the software brand of DHI. We develop computational software products and information systems targeting a wide range of environment and water related applications. We have development centres located in Denmark, Germany, Czech Republic, Singapore and China, and we draw on a global network of domain experts located in more than 30 offices around the world.