Are you ready to support the world leading supplier of aircraft parts and service solutions?
For Satair Group’s office near Copenhagen Airport we are looking for a new member to join the global IT Support team. The team is supporting the business and the daily operation in order to serve Satair Groups customers in the best possible way.
About the position
Satair Group is a world leading supplier of aircraft parts and service solutions for aircraft maintenance and is fully owned by Airbus, a world leading aircraft manufacturer. Satair Group employs approximately 1,100 people worldwide and Airbus Group employs approximately 136,000.
Reporting to Head of IT Support you will work within the area of global IT support to our colleagues.
In addition to your 4 skilled and motivated colleagues in the team, you will work closely with the IT System Specialists managing the entire IT infrastructure.
The team prioritizes to deliver high quality in all aspect and they show a high team spirit. They do this even though they have a high pace on a daily basis and they have fun doing this. And last they enjoy learning new thing every day.
As Satair Group is an international company it’s a success criteria that you find motivation in working with colleagues from different cultures. As Satair Group is a part of Airbus too, they have strong ties on the IT/IS side that requires you to have good skills in working in a big organization where you need to include many stakeholders of different kinds.
Limited travel activity may occur.
- Support your colleagues to enable them to do their work from an IT perspective
- Care actively and engage yourself in the tasks and issues you’re responsible for
- Dispatch requests and incidents to the right group or person – in many cases you’re the person that can resolve the request or issue at hand
- Contribute and support the ongoing tasks and projects in IT Operations & Infrastructure Management
- Ensure that knowledge is captured and not least shared amongst your colleagues in IT/IS
- Communicate with your colleagues about incidents or tasks to ensure that expectations are aligned
- Gain insight to the platform in order to help improve the services, tools and applications that are provided
- Technical IS/IT education on Bachelor level
- Excellent communications and listening skills
- Strong English skills both spoken and written, other European languages such as German and/or French is considered a plus
- Strong skills on Microsoft products (Windows 7, 2008 R2, 2012 R2, Microsoft Office) and Active Directory
- Preferably experience with IBM Lotus Notes, Cisco Jabber and SAP
- Analytical approach where “lessons learned” is practiced and converted to actions needed
As a person you are
- able to work in an environment where constant reprioritizations are needed at times
- able to balance and align varying interests of different stakeholders
- able to work in an international context
- able to help and share your knowledge to people that does not understand IT the way you do
For more information about this position
Lisberg Executive Search is recruitment partner for this position. If you have any questions about the job, please contact Research Consultant Lisbeth Rokkedahl Hvid +45 2981 0238 or Managing Partner Ole Stiig Petersen, +45 3092 7120.
Please send us your application and CV as soon as possible via "Apply now".