User Experience Manager
Milestone Systems is looking for an User Experience Manager to lead our team of UX designers and UX researchers across our two development sites in in Sofia, Bulgaria and Copenhagen, Denmark. The position is located in Copenhagen, and you are expected to travel approx. 15 days per year.
As our UX Manager, your primary objective is to ensure we are set up to understand and meet the needs of our partners, customers and end-users. In close collaboration with Product Managers, Product Owners and other stakeholders your job is to identify, prioritize and execute UX research and design activities. The UX activities span the entire product design and development process from initial field studies to final fit and finish reviews.
Besides leading the UX team you will have time for hands-on design work touching all aspects of user experience design including: Idea generation, wire-framing, prototyping and visual design. Your main tasks include:
- Lead the UX team and identify and execute UX team objectives
- Drive the UX vision and align overall design goals across platforms
- Identify and prioritize UX research and design activities
- Establish platform compliant UI design pattern library aligned with Milestone’s visual identity
- Validate design goals are clearly defined and actionable
- Facilitate brainstorms to identify design solutions
- Elaborate and iterate design ideas via wireframes and prototypes
- Deliver final interaction and visual design that meets user needs
- Facilitate UX reviews of interaction and visual design
You will join the Product Design lead team, and report to the Head of Product Design. The team consists of the Product Owners for software, hardware and services and yourself, and is part of the R&D organization.
You have 8+ years of experience working with user-centered design in an international software company, a relevant higher education within IT or design and 2+ years of experience as Design lead or User Experience manager, preferably leading cross-site teams in an agile development environment. In addition, you have:
- Hands-on interaction design experience designing applications for Windows, Web or Mobile
- Visual design skills and extensive hands-on experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Thorough experiences with fundamental user-centered design methods
- Experience with UX research methodologies like customer site visit, user survey, cognitive walkthrough and usability test
- Experience with creating and maintaining companywide design systems or UX guidelines
- Fluency in English (orally and in writing)
Overall, we are looking for a team player with energy, humor, and creativity that shares our passion for customers and what brilliant design and technology can do for them. You know the importance of understanding the needs before developing the solution and you know how to communicate this insight to stakeholders. You know the difference between useful and usable and you know what it takes to make a product desirable. You know how to optimize the value of a self-motivated team and how to remove obstacles blocking the way. In particular, you:
- Are crazy about great user-centered design
- Have a talent and a passion for technology
- Take ownership, are responsible and quality-orientedTake pride in your own deliveries, but even more so in the outcome of your team
- Have a positive mindset and can share insight and knowledge with other disciplines
- Are committed and independent with excellent collaboration skills
Milestone is a great place to work
We offer an exciting and challenging job in the leading VMS company. You will be part of a team of professional, talented colleagues and you will have the opportunity to shape your job role. As a Milestone employee, you are the source to our success and you will be part of an international dynamic organization in rapid growth.
We are a young organization that prioritizes a good social environment and the welfare of our employees highly. We cherish an informal tone where the door to management is always open.
The future is up to you
If you want to take on this exciting challenge and be a part of a fast growing technology company, submit application and include your CV in English and your design portfolio. Do not risk missing this opportunity. Apply now and become part of the interviews that we conduct on an ongoing basis.
For more information, please contact Hans Roed Mark, Head of Product Design at +45 25 606 735, or visit our website: www.milestonesys.com.
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.