Head of Development
Are you the right hands-on manager to lead, develop and motivate developers, creating happy high performance teams?
Are you ready to sign up as a leading profile in our new software development powerhouse?
Then you might be one of our new Head of Development and we would like you to read on...
Creating and leading high performance teams
With the new organizational structure in R&D Division, focus is on teams. We want a great workplace with a culture of opportunities and we want to create high performance teams who thrives and strives to achieve great things through technology.
Together we will develop and deliver the best products in the market - we will show the way, creating new ways of working with our customers. We want to be the workplace you want to go to - the coolest place to be as an employee.
As Head of Development you will be responsible for the daily people management, with focus on creating an excellent performance culture and delivering quality software products on time. Your tasks will be to:
- Act as Lead Developer and Technical Lead (Azure)
- Help coordinate efforts of developers, Team Leads, Scrum Masters and Testers
- Help coordinate communication between development teams and Business/Product Owners
- Secure alignment between business and development
- Act as sparring partner for Team Leads
- Act as sparring partner for Chief Architect on technology choices
- Drive process improvement within the teams
- Participate in design and implementation, when appropriate
- Ensure proper resource allocation
- Remove impediments to successful software delivery
You will also be responsible for the salary process with your team members and for discussing and planning career goals with team members and trying to accommodate them. Also Performance Management and driving communities will be your responsibility.
Experienced developer with managing skills and ambitions
To be able to fulfill the tasks and responsibilities as Head of Development the optimal candidate will have a professional profile that combines developer and managing skills. We would like you to have:
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on software development experience
- Exposure to agile methodologies and Scrum/Kanban in particular
- Experience with the Technical Product Owner role
- Previous experience managing others, for example as a team lead, project manager or development manager
- Experience with technology and process transformation, for example introduction of new technologies to teams or Continuous Improvement mindset
- Experience with distributed teams (nearshore Poland)
- Full orally and written proficiency in both English and Danish
Also we need you to have some technology specific skills which are important to fulfill developing tasks but also to enable you to do the right level of sparring with your developer teams:
- Hands on experience with .Net and Azure
- Hands on experience with databases such as MS-SQL, Oracle, MySQL
- Experience with scalable architectures and performance optimizations
- Experience with automated testing (unit, integration, performance)
- Experience with Continuous Integration
Even though you might not be an experienced manager your personal skills should emphasize your talents to lead and inspire others and we need robust and dedicated leaders. You will be the one to develop and drive the team to success and we need you to have talent and skills for:
- Bringing a team together, driving, motivating and inspiring them
- Thinking holistically and having a crossover business focus
- Taking on responsibility, initiative and making decisions
If you believe that you are a match for this position, please apply for the job with a motivated cover letter and an updated CV. Do you want to know more, please feel free to contact Technology Director Peder Sylvestersen: PYS@kmd.dk.
Application deadline: April 21st 2017.
Love it_Live it
'KMD is Denmark's biggest, funniest and most serious playground for IT talents. We are 1.000 IT specialists who work with Java, Microsoft, Mainframe, SAP, architecture, testing and project management. At KMD we do not care where you get your great ideas as long as you share them with us. Are you ready to log on to your life's strongest network?'