Application Architect and Specialist with focus on Finance and Settlement
DSV is the fifth largest freight forwarder in the world and a powerful player in the global market – and we continue to grow. DSV acquired UTi Worldwide at the beginning of 2016, and in Global IT, we are in the process of merging our two organizations that are located in around 80 countries world-wide.
Global IT is the overall IT unit in DSV and is responsible for global IT development, operations, maintenance and support. We are operating in a global environment and maintain a tight co-operation with Business and IT Departments throughout DSV.
The Road vertical in Global IT is a section with responsibility for the applications used in the Road division of DSV. The section is serving the Road division with application expertise to help design, configure, develop and support the application suite.
The current suite of applications involves Order Management, FTL/LTL/Distribution Planning, Terminal Planning, Fleet Management, Output Management and Operational Settlement.
Right now, we are looking for an Application Architect and Specialist to join our team.
You will be part of a new team with exciting opportunities as part of the Road transformation programme. You will be part of the projects in the programme with responsibility for the design and configuration of a particular application in the overall suite. The design perspective should focus on usability, supportability, configurability, scalability and interoperability of the application in the entire Road application landscape.
- Responsible for Finance and Settlement in the Road business in the application suite
- Application design and configuration for the Finance and Settlement in the Road business
- 3rd line application support on application suite
- Engage with internal customers on development roadmap
The location of the job is preferably in the main office in Hedehusene, but the right candidate can work from the local office location. Additional travel should in that case be expected.
- Strong knowledge of Road operations including the Finance and Settlement part – We are a business service organisation so we must be able to speak the language of the Road organisation
- Affinity for IT - We are designing and building IT systems so we need to thrive with the challenges posed in IT
- Self-starter - There must be a genuine interest for finding and implementing solutions to abstract and complex problems without direct instructions
- Balancing specialist and generalist role – We need to be experts in particular systems (in this case, the Finance and Settlement), but understand the interaction across the full portfolio
- Willing to travel – We are spread all over Europe, so there will be some travel involved. 4-6 days/month expected mainly DK
- English at high level – We are an international team and must communicate in English both written and verbal
On a personal level you naturally take responsibility and decisions. You are structured in your work and deliver high quality, while understanding and respecting the trade-offs to deliver solutions in time and at agreed costs. You communicate well with people from different cultures and at different levels of the organisation.
Join our global it-organisation
You will become part of a newly formed, engaged and competent team where you have the opportunity to be part of the shaping of the team as the organisation is built.
You will be part of the design of the future of DSV Road driven by innovative IT solutions where you are responsible for Finance and Settlement application within the portfolio. You will have good opportunities for personal and professional development as the team grows and matures together with the delivery and expansion of the application portfolio and the implementation of it.
You will join an international and determined corporation, driven forward by the desire to grow and the courage to make necessary changes. Every day, we focus on growth, development and excellent results.
Application and contact
For more information please contact Section Manager Claus E. Brøgger at +45 20 30 40 59.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. Applications are processed on an ongoing basis.
Global Transport and Logistics
With offices and facilities in more than 80 countries on six continents, we provide and run supply chain solutions for thousands of companies on a daily basis. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com or www.dk.dsv.com.