Senior System Specialist for new exciting position in an international environment
Do you have extensive experience in implementing and operating IT web platforms and want to make a difference in our Nordic migration project - here's a great opportunity.
For our regional IT Infrastructure department, we are looking for an experienced System Specialist within server middleware. The department plays an important role for ALD Automotive's continued success, and we are dedicated to mature, develop and streamline our IT infrastructure using the latest technologies. Our homogeneous IT infrastructure is primarily based on Microsoft products.
About the job
In this new role you will be part of a team of 5 colleagues, who have the responsibility to support, manage, maintain and develop ALD Automotive's infrastructure for the whole region covering the Nordic and Baltic countries.
Your primary responsibility will be server middleware tasks, with particular focus on the implementation of a new production platform, as well as to maintain the existing application portfolio. Additionally, you will have a focus within operations, optimization and development of our Web platform, which primarily runs on MS IIS and IBM Websphere.
We offer you a challenging, qualifying and sometimes hectic job with a high degree of freedom and influence. We work with the principles of ITIL, with a focus on agile processes, and we continually strive to improve.
The job is located in our office in Taastrup with reference to the Regional Head of IT Infrastructure & Operations, and you can expect 10-20 days of travel activities per year, primarily within the Region.
Your tasks will include...
- Daily system administration of server middleware - including MS IIS and IBM Websphere
- Participation in the project for the new platform based on Websphere
- Monitoring and securing operational stability
- Planning and execution of operational tasks
- Optimization of administration
- Planning and execution of the changes
- Troubleshooting and resolving operational problems
- Participating in technical project management and project tasks
We are looking for...
- Experience and proven results in server applications management in a MS server environment
- Extensive and broad knowledge within operation of server applications
- English fluent – orally and in writing; and Danish at proficiency level
- Extensive experience in technical project management and project participation
- Academic degree within computer science
- Certification within Websphere 8.5 ND will also be an advantage.
You have technical skills within...
- MS Server features (IIS, System Center)
- MS Technologies (SharePoint, Azure, O365)
- Data Warehouse & BI in general.
- MS Reporting Services and Crystal Reports
- Effective resolution of performance Java and .NET workloads.
Furthermore, operating experience with the following technologies will be an advantage: VMware vSphere, MS Server and MS SQL.
We also imagine that you...
- can keep service at top level - also when things are hectic and multi-tasking is needed
- have the desire and curiosity to constantly develop yourself and your techniques/skills
- work structured and detail oriented and are good at documenting your work
- enjoy being part of a team, but can also deliver independently when needed
- can shift between projects- and operating tasks – and enjoy the variety this brings
An exciting position in an international organisation, where we have a high employee satisfaction and put actions behind ensuring this. As a new employee, you will get a thorough introduction to your work. You will also be assigned a "mentor", who will make sure that you get a good start in ALD Automotive. In addition, you get to be part of a strong knowledgeable team, which in Denmark holds 145 highly motivated colleagues.
Besides a compensation package that matches the demands and expectations of the job, we also offer a number of "flexible benefits" as well as a number of employee benefits; among other 7 extra holidays, the opportunity to buy additional holidays, free on public holidays, fruit and lunch scheme, pension- and insurance schemes and various social events.
Applications will be processed ongoing, and interviews will be held immediately after deadline. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
It is a condition of employment that you attach a clean criminal record with your application and CV.
We encourage everyone, regardless of gender, race or ethnicity, to apply for the position.
We are looking forward to hear from you.
Questions regarding the position:
Christian Skovdal, IT Operation Manager, +45 3355 8138