For our customer, NKT Photonotics, we are looking for a System Administrator within Global IT who can manage the transition, and the operation, from a multiplatform infrastructure to a standard global IT infrastructure based on SaaS, IaaS and On-premise. You will do the administration and support on their business systems, provide technical support and guidance to business users. The ideal candidate will stay abreast of new technologies and help introduce these new technologies into the environment where they will improve business processes.
NKT is a dynamic international high-tech company with 240 employees divided on R&D and production sites in UK, GE and DK plus a handful of sales companies in US, Europe and Asia. Currently they are in a process of standardizing our infrastructure and replacing the range of different systems used today and you will be an important player in the role-out to come.
Your main areas of responsibility will be:
- Implementing global infrastructure together with Global IT
- SaaS, Cloud, Virtualization, LAN, Communication, etc.
- Ensure optimal quality services by maintaining ownership of reported problems and communicating with the person reporting the problem
- Onsite and remote support of business and users in a global environment
- Asset and licenses management
- Installing, upgrading and monitoring computer software and hardware
- Managing our backup and disaster recovery solution
- Liaise with partners and vendors in performing hardware/software maintenance
Your personal/professional profile:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Platform
- Microsoft Office 365/SharePoint Online
- On-premise Windows infrastructure
- Experienced working with cloud computing
- SaaS solutions and Virtual environments (Azure, AWS)
- Experience from implementing Document Management Systems and Online storage solutions
The preferred candidate
- has a certification within “Cloud Platform and Infrastructure” and/or “Server Infrastructure”
- has knowledge from implementing and integrating Microsoft ERP (Dynamics 365)
But most important
- You have the ability and desire to learn
- You think and breathe IT
You will be part of Global IT and located in Birkerød (DK) or Southampton (UK), reporting to Head of Global IT.
Some travel activity is to be expected and corporate language is English, but It is very important that you speak the Danish language, negotiation level.
NKT Photonics is the leading supplier of high performance fiber lasers and photonic crystal fibers. Our main markets are within imaging, sensing and material processing. Our products include pulsed lasers, such as supercontinuum sources, low noise fiber lasers, distributed temperature sensing systems and a wide range of specialty fibers. NKT Photonics has its headquarters in Denmark with sales and service worldwide. NKT Photonics is wholly owned by NKT Holding
For more information please contact CoreSearch on +45 7026 0326 or send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.